• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are 440 steel shim head gaskets still available?

Local time
1:43 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone still make the original style steel shim head gaskets for a 440? Or, is there a modern gasket available with the .020 thickness as the originals were?

Thanks!

Thanks PlainfieldCharger! That was simple, I guess I should have looked a little harder.

Food for thought...I looked for the same. Thought I found 'em, since .020 was exactly what I wanted. Sorry, can't remember where I found them, but when they came in, was two .010 (supposedly) riveted together at each end!
Actually were .009, making .018.
Maybe you'll get luckier.

mr. gasket #1135g. gave away a set past monday,....lol.

Are those one piece, lewto184?
the mancini and mr. gasket are one piece steel shims. the mancini is like the '70 6pak gasket, about .013" thick. the mr. gasket is .020" and is like the standard pre 1970 6pak gasket.

I'd be happy to give you a new set that I'm not using... but the shipping would cost more than the gaskets.

Think I remember getting my two-part gaskets at Classic. I'll go elsewhere next time.

Auto Transport Service
Back