• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are '66 Coronet Trunk Lids Interchangeable with '67 Coronet Trunks Lids?

Jeremiah

Local time
9:56 PM
Reaction score
Per the title can you use a '66 Coronet trunk lid on a '67? Someone told be the trunk lids were different due to the different 1/4 panels. I never thought to put them side by side when I had both on hand.

Thank you,

Jeremiah

They certainly look different. Note the key lock location...

attachment.php

007.jpg

Physically, they will swap, but then your taillights and extensions are different between the two years, plus the reverse lamps are on the decklid for '66 and in the bumper for '67. Far more differences than most people realize. The quarters are also the same dimensionally, but have different contours, which are apparent side-by-side.

Not even close, unless you make it all one year of rear. Back-up lites, extensions, tail-lites, decklid, bumper.....

The car overall length and other dimensions are the same between the two years. The Satellite is shorter than the Coronet. Having owned over 20 '66 and '67 B-bodies over the years, I'm pretty good on what swaps and such.

Hmm...I swear I saw that somewhere. That it was shorter. Oh well, thanks for clearing that up.

The car overall length and other dimensions are the same between the two years. The Satellite is shorter than the Coronet. Having owned over 20 '66 and '67 B-bodies over the years, I'm pretty good on what swaps and such.

Auto Transport Service
Back