• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are there any other bicycle collectors out there?

SteveSS

Local time
11:44 AM
Reaction score
Here's mine. I buy and sell them.

Schwinns

Lemon Peeler
Grey Ghost
Coal Krate
Orange Krate
Pea Picker
Grape Krate

This is a weird one.

It's called a Big Mo. It's like the Schwinn OCC Choppers but slightly larger and overall better built. Still new in the wrapper. I got it from some Korean businessmen. I think it's a prototype.

I'm looking for a 1966 Schwinn Varsity 10-speed in purple.

1713224866767.jpeg

i got some cool old bikes . i started w the 3 speed english bikes . there pretty cool . i i mostly just cruz them while camping . there definitely not mint collectables but fun ….

I was going to in my younger days. My older brother was gifted an honest to goodness actual Huffy BMX circuit quality bike. I got it when he got what was probably one of the first widely available mountain bikes, and then my younger bothers got it.
I kept it around for a long while, and a couple really old 1950's bikes my parents had. My Dad has a Schwinn painted in red and white with a little "tank" and an old metal rear child passenger seat mounted on the back.

But mine were beat up pretty rough and then I realized how much money rich guys were willing to spend on rusty old bikes, and decided to sell mine and not try to compete in that game.

The BMX was a Huffy Pro Thunder or Pro Lightning, I forget after all these years. It was a chrome frame with double clamp handle bar and blue resin wheels with more spokes then I have ever seen since, blue tires, blue pad on the handle bar, handle bar clamp, and the main brace on the frame and a crank sized for a 26" wheel bike. It was a BLAST on the farm. No hill could defeat the leverage that crank had lol. Had a hand brake front and back as well as the crank brake.

This is one of mine, I also have a Suzuki and a Yamaha BMX bike. I can not find pics on this I pad

E97E3526-BB2D-4002-BFEB-96F3E9202EB4.jpeg

a buddy of mine found this at a swap / flea market. i don’t know much more but it is a hurst themed bike ….and no he didn’t want to sell it …got a hemi under seat !

11FB72B3-CFCB-49CC-8FC1-99835BD61B4D.jpeg

a buddy of mine found this at a swap / flea market. i don’t know much more but it is a hurst themed bike ….and no he didn’t want to sell it …got a hemi under seat !

View attachment 1647420
I have seen these bikes before most are not in the shape of that one. The big chain covers are usually long gone.

This is what my suzuki looks like. The grey and orange one. I think they were a dealer promo bike. The tank is broken on mine and I think it is missing the chain guard

CB6D8363-CF87-4FB6-867C-4C5982F85D3D.jpeg

Back in the day, those banana-peeler bikes were the rage. Although, I never had one, as I preferred a 26" English Racer ( go figure ). Had a Trek that was a nice ride.

Here's mine. I buy and sell them.

Schwinns

Lemon Peeler
Grey Ghost
Coal Krate
Orange Krate
Pea Picker
Grape Krate

This is a weird one.

It's called a Big Mo. It's like the Schwinn OCC Choppers but slightly larger and overall better built. Still new in the wrapper. I got it from some Korean businessmen. I think it's a prototype.

I'm looking for a 1966 Schwinn Varsity 10-speed in purple.
Grey Ghost is the one to find from what I understand.

I own vintage 2008 Ironhorse Hollow Point MKIII Comp MTB and a 2000 Giant TCR 2 road bike.

I bought this a few years ago, built by North American Cycles it was a upscale prototype. They were already producing the PT cruiser bike and this is a PT Cruiser Dream Cruiser. It sat in their warehouse for 5 years then was put up for sale, I offered half and they jumped at it. The color goes well with my Snorunner.

20210619_111338.jpg

20210724_170020.jpg

20210724_170013.jpg

20210724_170007.jpg

My ‘68 Schwinn Krate Lemon Peeler in “Kool Lemon”.

51D249F5-D8D2-4C6E-BBDC-8E6811FE14BD.jpeg

It has the “Pogo Post” seat post that was recalled shortly after production started in ‘67. This bike is a February 1968 build.

Auto Transport Service
Back