• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you a narcissist?

Yes, I confess, I have an aversion to narcissists, especially those that are in denial.
Is that a bad thing?
Should we start a sperate thread to explore that condition?
Any pertinent examples to support your implied claim of rationalization on my part is welcomed BTW.
You're back, what does that say about your aversion or problem. Yes, I'm your Huckleberry, but To be honest, this is a show, not a thread and you bore me. If I need help, I know where to get it. As for you, stick to giving advice on how to change oil, that might fit you better. I'm done here.

"To be honest, this is a show, not a thread and you bore me."

Classic narcissism, IMO. :lol:

People with narcissistic personality disorder are extremely resistant to changing their behavior, even when it’s causing them problems. Their tendency is to turn the blame on to others. What’s more, they are extremely sensitive and react badly to even the slightest criticisms, disagreements, or perceived slights, which they view as personal attacks.

I would love to know of a real and specific example of who fits that description ^^^.
It might clear things up.

I would love to know of a real and specific example of who fits that description ^^^.
You can't think of any examples from any car forums?

Unfortunately, those are traits that seem to make people that exhibit them succeed in business and politics.

...and more often than not ends in a spectacular "house of cards" downfall.

Former CEO's of Boeing (3), McDonnell Douglas (2), and probably one from GE, but you probably haven't heard of them.

You can't think of any examples from any car forums?

If I did, I would probably mention it to friends here through private messaging.

pretty much all of us to some degree

Well, maybe.
If you take pride in what you do, it does feel good to get some acknowledgment from it.
Too bad there isn’t a test to point out the habit that SOME people have of monopolizing conversations.
I’ve met too many clueless people that ramble on and on about themselves and what they think without letting anyone around them speak.
That **** pisses me off and too damn many people do this.
I don’t think that ALL of them that do this are narcissistic. Some are just clueless to the possibility that someone else might want to speak.
Some might just talk because they are nervous.
I was in a truck with a guy I normally get along fine with and that dude blabbed 90% of the time. I just got tired of trying to vie for air time so I clammed up and tuned out. Finally he asked me what I thought about one of the countless stupid topics he rattled on about and I unloaded on him.
He was shocked. He didn’t know why I was pissed and that made me even MORE pissed. Stupid. Clueless. Oblivious to his surroundings.
He isn’t a narcissist, just ignorant.
Is there a test for that?
I started becoming aware of the blabbermouths in the mid 90s when I was divorced and meeting new people. I was quick to disqualify prospective women based on this trait. It is non negotiable with me. I can be happy with a woman carrying a bit of weight or if she isn’t really pretty but I will not deal with a woman that only shows concern for herself and disregards others.

Auto Transport Service
Back