• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you a narcissist?

A moderate degree of narcissism is normal
and healthy in humans.
Everyone wants that 15 minutes of fame.
Kinda like entering your
car in a carshow.
Obviously, it's the best
one there.

Sounds like some justification. Which acknowledges the situation.

A moderate degree of narcissism is normal
and healthy in humans.
Everyone wants that 15 minutes of fame.
Kinda like entering your
car in a carshow.
Obviously, it's the best
one there.
That's not narcissism. Man you won a car show deal after 20 yrs!!

That's not narcissism. Man you won a car show deal after 20 yrs!!
The award I won was after
the truck was roadworthy.
1st showing 6 months after
tax, title, and license.
The time spent building it
enters into the passion
realm.

The award I won was after
the truck was roadworthy.
1st showing 6 months after
tax, title, and license.
The time spent building it
enters into the passion
realm.
Where's the line between passion & mental disorder???? I never really found it...

Where's the line between passion & mental disorder???? I never really found it...
Does it matter?
Most of the traits in the OP test affect others negatively, not sure a car passion does except maybe to drain family funds and become a barrier for healthy family relationships.

Does it matter?
Most of the traits in the OP test affect others negatively, not sure a car passion does except maybe to drain family funds and become a barrier for healthy family relationships.
So not talking at Christmas because all you do is talk car stuff is wrong?
It's a learning thread. Thanks Greg :thumbsup:

Does it matter?
Dear sir,
Much to the contrary, a build
that took 31 years from
start to current, both my kids
had a hand in it. Not once
did any of my builds take
presidence over family.
Still had time for little
league, drama classes,
house payments made,
and efforts made to insure
the wife always had a place
where her creative interests
lay as a Potter. Been married
46 years, two grown kids
and 7 grandkids. No one
in our family suffered for
my passions. Family always
comes first.

That is true. Who defines "normal" ? There is most certainly some range, essentially gray areas and no hard lines to define what is normal.
Tests can be skewed to steer people into categories, the interpretation of the results can be biased to get a desired result of the authors of the test.

Kinda sad that people are so insecure they need to go to a generic web page to be told what they are or are not. :screwy:
X2. Well said.
Have you ever seen a commercial on TV about a disease and by the time it's over, you think you could have it. The minds a trouble thing to waste, learning how to control it is the true test. For those that have a question about whether you have a problem, you might, it just might not be the one you think you have.

Dear sir,
Much to the contrary, a build
that took 31 years from
start to current, both my kids
had a hand in it. Not once
did any of my builds take
presidence over family.
Still had time for little
league, drama classes,
house payments made,
and efforts made to insure
the wife always had a place
where her creative interests
lay as a Potter. Been married
46 years, two grown kids
and 7 grandkids. No one
in our family suffered for
my passions. Family always
comes first.
Nothing to the contrary, you apparently overlooked my inclusion of "maybe" in my example of general possible car passion downsides.
I'll accept an apology if offered.:lol:

I've always questioned what
"normal" is by definition
when it comes to a human
being. We're all over the
map.
So why the often-open hostility when someone steps out beyond anything considered "normal"? (this is not directed at 1STTMP)
Jealously because they didn't think of it first?
Besides if "normal" was the chosen goal, nothing would ever advance.

It is interesting and somewhat surprising IMO how much attention this narcissist topic has generated here.
Thay can only be a good thing.

It's not all bad unless you make it so. It's just a personality trait that many have. Some have other traits on the list. According to the test I have a little of ot all. Does that make me better or worse than someone else? No judging here. Not my job.

ALL of my projects/cars etc were put on the back burner for the 'benefit' of the family. Did it help? Nope. When you're married to a tyrant, nothing helps. Just sad it took me nearly half my life to realize it wasn't me or what I did that was the problem.....

ALL of my projects/cars etc were put on the back burner for the 'benefit' of the family. Did it help? Nope. When you're married to a tyrant, nothing helps. Just sad it took me nearly half my life to realize it wasn't me or what I did that was the problem.....

I'll bet she was a narcissist.
:poke:

Putting something first is not a fault, it's a plus. Now when you look back, remember you did your best. Living with that is easier than wondering if you did enough. You don't want that hanging over your head. I tell my wife all the time, it doesn't matter, as long as they know the truth and I know the truth. Don't change, it fits you.

It's not all bad unless you make it so. It's just a personality trait that many have. Some have other traits on the list. According to the test I have a little of ot all. Does that make me better or worse than someone else? No judging here. Not my job.
That was my point with my first post. I'm a narcissist because I wanted the best for my kids, was it for me or them. Yes, we all have it in us. Doing something one way or the other is better than not being able to make up your mind and sitting around talking about it till it's too late. That could be a problem too....... Everyone has a problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back