• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you a narcissist?

I'm a little unsure of the word I'm looking for - but the definition would be something like - "I don't suffer fools lightly"

Case in point .....I am sick to death of giving good, solid, accurate and honest advice to people who obviously have cloth ears. I have a guy over here who rings me every month on a Monday usually, and rambles on about himself. The few times I manage to get any words in myself is when he is either wanting advice, or just wanting something for free. The worst part is that he calls up at least another ten people (some I know because they have told me) and does the same routine.

I got tired of that game about two years ago and Blocked his number on my phone. He has continued trying to contact me, but my phone doesn't ring....shows a notification though :p
A mutual friend told me that apparently I am hard to get hold of and seem to be mad about something ......Yeah ya think buddy!!!! :hifu:

So fast forward to here....and the same thing is happening all over again....only the guy who is always asking for advice just can't accept the fact that people are trying to help him, so I am done trying with him. He will ramble on forever about something stupid, and argue the toss with anyone offering advice.

So the question is....what is the word? :lol: By the way.....I have the patience and tolerance of a Saint....until you wind me up.

I appear less than average. Greg, it concerns me that you found this test to take in the first place. It also worries me that I took it too. :BangHead: :lol:

Last edited:
Humans are societal creatures by nature - we're programmed to want positive interactions with fellow humans.
That's a healthy thing and a is actually lot of what happens in a perfect world, whether in communities or on say...
a forum online, for example. :)
That said, there's a big difference between being genial and polite with others and constantly craving attention
(which is typically done in order to feed some need for self-reassurance or bolstering of self-worth).
That **** wears off most people as they mature in their teen years; with some, though, it never does...
R.jpg
Y'all know who you are. :)

P.S. Yes, of course I took the silly-assed test. It indicates a "below normal" in all 4 categories - probably because
I've reached the age where what most people think don't mean a damn thing to me anymore. :)

I scored higher than I liked in the narcissism category.
I had a few issues with a couple of questions. One for example asked if flattery is a good tactic to get what you want. I believe it often is, but for me it's rather unbecoming and insincere, so I agree with the statement but disapprove of the tactic.
My benchmark that I have learned in life, it is those with narcistic tendencies that don't care or deny about their tendency are the ones I keep my distance from.
I took the test because I welcome a second opinion.
Not sure what to exactly make of this, but I have lived my whole life not to be normal. :lol:

Last edited:
Can someone open up the link and post all the questions for me in chronological order

I will answer them when I feel the time is appropriate

Thanx

A narcissist would never admit that they were one and would likely never take the ‘test’. They would be very charming and try to manipulate you into believing that whatever they think is right - because they always are (according to themselves).

In an earlier life I was corporate lawyer, and narcissism is a basic requirement for that job. My human resources manager once gave me what she considered a compliment, said I was extremely good at acting like I cared about people, when it was a productive strategy. In my defense, I have really cared about some folks in my life, and I ultimately quit that job, when I felt it was taking me too far in a bad direction. There are degrees of everything, and I think most senior executives would fall into the category of second degree sociopath. I didn't take the test. I've done others and I know the result. One can be a narcissist, and not antisocial, if it's managed well. My wife would be the first to say so.

I don't consider this stuff a joke. My daughter is a first degree sociopath. Diagnosed as such by a psychiatrist 20 years ago, checks all the boxes in a much more complex differential diagnosis that the test posted here. Highly functional however, currently employed, two kids, married for 14 years. She's highly intelligent in some areas (ironically, emotional intelligence, she is a master manipulator). Over time, she has learned to act "normal." As a teen, she was scary, and did prison time before graduating college. Anyone who has dealt with a first degree sociopath up close and personal knows what I'm talking about. Aging seems to have a positive effect on the condition.

When I was doing the corporate tour, my boss was a sociopath, and my last two decades on the truck, the other guy who hauled for my customers was as well. Lucky for me, I understood how both were wired, and used it to my ultimate advantage.

Last edited:
A narcissist would never admit that they were one and would likely never take the ‘test’. They would be very charming and try to manipulate you into believing that whatever they think is right - because they always are (according to themselves).
Oh great .. now I have to go take the fckin (test ). :drinks:

Hell yeh, I'm a normal physcopath , I think the violent sports question pushed me over the edge.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:
Hell yeh, I'm a normal physicopath , I think the violent sports question pushed me over the edge.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i like violent sports.......ie, hockey, football; but cannot watch the naked guys fighting in a ring......and I'm still a bad guy?

i like violent sports.......ie, hockey, football; but cannot watch the naked guys fighting in a ring......and I'm still a bad guy?
I should have took a screen shot too,
I was like that's all cool, wtf is that red one. :lol:

WTF makes me a narcissist?....... I simply cannot tolerate stupidity, at all; but that also makes me a bad guy?

Auto Transport Service
Back