• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are you a narcissist?

whoa.......... I'm a sadist? by their definition, I am 100% opposite........ this test is nonsense

Sadism means deriving pleasure from inflicting pain. A sadistic person humiliates others, shows a longstanding pattern of cruel or demeaning behavior to others, or intentionally inflicts physical, sexual, or psychological pain or suffering on others in order to assert power and dominance or for pleasure and enjoyment.

...yeh, I'm a normal physicopath , I think the violent sports question pushed me over the edge.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Interesting... I too wasn't gonna bother to take the test... And I too got results indicating I'm a normal physicopath...

The red ones!
20230409_103141.jpg

also not me, not even close......

Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. Because of all their experience with maintaining their self image, people who score high for narcissism will often appear charming but their narcissism will later lead to extreme difficulty in developing close relationships.

WTF makes me a narcissist?....... I simply cannot tolerate stupidity, at all; but that also makes me a bad guy?
This is the problem, unless you are the smartest/sharpest person of 8 billion in the world, you are stupider then someone else that has to deal/tolerate with your stupidity.

Narcissism is an egotistical preoccupation with self. Because of all their experience with maintaining their self image, people who score high for narcissism will often appear charming but their narcissism will later lead to extreme difficulty in developing close relationships.
You take pride in performing excellent work. That can be interpreted as narcissism by an overly simplistic test, which is why I've usually been skeptical of them.

It's overly simplistic. Per my post, I've dealt with this more than I'd have liked to, personally and professionally. I can put it in perspective when we meet at Carlisle.

please do..... I am non-confrontational, and overall nice to pretty much everyone I meet........ to a fault

I'm gonna do a best out of 3 average.
:drinks:

please do..... I am non-confrontational, and overall nice to pretty much everyone I meet........ to a fault
I can't wait to tell you war stories about how I used to fight with the human resources manager over this stuff. She liked simple, measurable data, and as the first line of defense for preventing bad hires, that made her job easier. She was usually right. But, and I've lived a life defined by "Yes, buts..." she let some extremely bad people slip through the cracks, and I overruled her on many folks who looked bad on paper, but ended up doing really well.

Last edited:

Your comment seems at face value a bit at odds. I am not sure how a true preoccupied self-centered person has a real concern with self-image regarding others, unless they are rather insecure.
Also seems a true narcissist doesn't seek close relationships, as they love themself first and foremost.

I've always thought in real life narcissism was more a mindset that one is more self-declared better, and therefore more entitled and more deserving than others.

the test is crap.....
I saw this on another car forum where the members are often younger and more obnoxious. Mark knows the forum....
Here are my results:

1714406531345.png

I agree, it takes more than a simple test to get a read on who someone really is.

Two arguments that can never be won:

I am smart

You are narcissistic

I cannot kill a mouse....... and yet I'm a sadist :rolleyes:
I think it means more like I think when I see videos of guys popping wheelies on their motorcycles through traffic on the interstate. I think what a dumb azz and that it would serve you right if you crash, and don't ask me to mop up the mess. That's pretty sadistic. :lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back