• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Arm Rest Question

Jag91

Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
I am working on freshening up my great grandpa's 67 belvedere II. One thing that I have ran into that I can't figure out is the arm rest. The drivers door arm rest is damaged, so I would like to find four new ones. They appear to be original, but are a different style that most b bodies. Can someone give me some information on why it has these type of rests and where I can buy some? I am fine with quality reproductions or good condition originals. Thanks. 20220106_110200.jpg20220117_150540.jpg20220211_212633.jpg

Hi;

I believe that the ones showing, are from a 4 door and are shorter than a 2 door arm rest. They probably are original, but might not be original to that car. The door panels, don't look like what I expect to see. There are plenty of guys here that will know this better than me....it could be an "option package" difference.

Mine is a 66 Coronet 2 door and I believe that they those would be identical...the door panel is different, for sure. I have a few somewhere, but do that car justice and find some nice ones...decent original bases are more difficult to locate.

The floors look great...post a few pics of the entire car, when you get a chance

66 and 67 arm rest pads are the same but they are different from 68-70 (and later van).

I believe 66/67 pads are preproduced but only in black or white.

2 and 4 door are the same (9"), but Charger, Satellite, GTX and Coronet 500 and R/T are longer (13").

The 68-70 style will bolt on and work (as will the identical design but different color palette, van pads), but as you noticed, have a different "stitch" pattern.

Those look like factory Bel II door panels to me, and the correct 9" arm rest pads.

BTW- nice car and great color combo!

Well, Mr YY1 beat me to it, but heres some pictures of what I can almost guarantee - with 99.9% surety - are original door panels and armrests from a 67 Belvedere II. The armrests are 9" at their longest as he said.
As for replacements, the usual sources; of course if Legendary is out of them and you cant find any in stock at a dealer, be prepared for a year wait... In Tulsa, the guy who might be able to help you source any/find some/repair yours is Rick at American Auto Trim.
L1000745.JPG
L1000745.JPG
L1000746.JPG
L1000747.JPG

I have a pair of black 9" arm rests and bases from 1967 Coronet. Good driver quality; $60.00 plus shipping from Ontario.

Well, Mr YY1 beat me to it, but heres some pictures of what I can almost guarantee - with 99.9% surety - are original door panels and armrests from a 67 Belvedere II. The armrests are 9" at their longest as he said.
As for replacements, the usual sources; of course if Legendary is out of them and you cant find any in stock at a dealer, be prepared for a year wait... In Tulsa, the guy who might be able to help you source any/find some/repair yours is Rick at American Auto Trim.
View attachment 1322440View attachment 1322440View attachment 1322443View attachment 1322444
Great! This is the info that I was looking for. Do you know why some 67's have the more square arm rests? Where there options, or have they been swapped at some point? Thanks.

I have a pair of black 9" arm rests and bases from 1967 Coronet. Good driver quality; $60.00 plus shipping from Ontario.
I am very interested! Could you post some pictures. Thanks.

LOTS of folks used 68-70 arm rests before 66/67 got repro'd.

IIRC the repro has only been around for 5 years or so.

The ones in vans were used all through the late 70's through the early 90's and were super easy to find.
They are molded and stitched exactly like the 68-70 version but most of the colors are not correct for 68-70.
The van bases were also mostly molded in interior color rather than chrome plated, although they will work in 66-70.

Great! This is the info that I was looking for. Do you know why some 67's have the more square arm rests? Where there options, or have they been swapped at some point? Thanks.
To the best of my limited knowledge, they were all the same save for length as Mr YY1 said. As for 'squareness', my guess is simply thats a matter of how 'good' the used ones are, i.e. how well they have held their form thru use, heat, humidity, etc. I dont believe there were different styles in the B bodies in the same year. Im a guessin yours are originals, but just a little tired. If your car is originally from the Tulsa area, poor car had a LOT of humidity and temperature differences to deal with over its lifetime!

The car was in western Kentucky until I got it last year. It was always in a barn. It still had humidity but not as bad temp swings. This pic is what I am calling the square ones and are the only ones that I can find reproduced. It fits fine, but Its totally different. Do you know where to find the ones from the pics above? Thanks Screenshot_20220802-110315_Google.jpg

At least 2 vendor's had them at 2019 Ocala show.

I am very interested! Could you post some pictures. Thanks.
I had a look at what I had, and they are the ones for the rear, with ash trays in them. Still interested?

I had a look at what I had, and they are the ones for the rear, with ash trays in them. Still interested?
I would like to see if they are any better than what I have. Thanks

The car was in western Kentucky until I got it last year. It was always in a barn. It still had humidity but not as bad temp swings. This pic is what I am calling the square ones and are the only ones that I can find reproduced. It fits fine, but Its totally different. Do you know where to find the ones from the pics above? Thanks View attachment 1322784
Guessin those are the 68 up units - much more popular/higher sales volume - that WILL fit 66/7. Checked legendary and theirs look the same. Guess youll need to put a WTB ad here, look in Hemmings and/or see if Rick can heal the ones youve got. Sorry Im no more help.

I would like to see if they are any better than what I have. Thanks
Here are the rear arm rests and bases I have. $60.00 plus shipping from Ontario. I also have a lone Passenger side 13" arm rest with no base. Some passenger side long arm rests had an ash tray in them. This would be a good piece to eliminate an unwanted ash tray. $25 plus shipping from Ontario. These pieces are all in very nice used condition. PM me if interested.

P8020117.JPG

P8020118.JPG

P8020120.JPG

P8020119.JPG

P8020124.JPG

P8030127.JPG

P8030128.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back