• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

At Our local cruise in.....

I like it. Changes of the little things really are not a big deal. We did it all the time up here. Id be happy with it.

it would be cool to see if the dealer paper is with the car though. It would make a good conversation piece.

Just as @YY1 stated there are so many differences between 66 and 67 b-bodies once you know the cars it stands out like crazy. This car looks to be a 1966 Belvedere II. Then they added some Satellite trim and a pentastar. I doubt the factory did that.

Yes all 1966 cars including Hemi cars came with a single master cylinder. That’s how they were built. Look in the factory service manual, there isn’t anything else in 1966.

I don't know 66-67 well enough to tell, I know a 66 Hemi would have the relay bracket, not seeing the bracket I accepted the 67 MY as fact... Being an older Hemi swap totally makes sense, without seeing VIN/Fender Tag etc I would have more questions than answers..
If I remember right the remounted relay bracket was only on stick shift cars, not automatics.

Just as @YY1 stated there are so many differences between 66 and 67 b-bodies once you know the cars it stands out like crazy. This car looks to be a 1966 Belvedere II. Then they added some Satellite trim and a pentastar. I doubt the factory did that.

Yes all 1966 cars including Hemi cars came with a single master cylinder. That’s how they were built. Look in the factory service manual, there isn’t anything else in 1966.

All my Mopars are ‘68-‘70. If I had one without a tandem master cylinder, I’d update to it immediately.

That car is a funky mix of parts. Nothing there is 1967. It’s a 1966 Belvedere II according to the side trim, emblems and door mirror. That green dash was 66 only, so is the column, wheel, shifter, etc. single master cylinder. That’s a C-body gas pedal. And then it has 1966 Satellite wheelwell and rocker trim. See how they fit together. And the super rare drivers side pentastar.

And where is the bracket on the inner fender with the horn relay and starter solenoid? They are mounted on the firewall like a non hemi car.

When you type 67’ that means sixty seven feet.
The abbreviation of 1967 is ‘67

Either that car was a Model Year transition car....parts carry-over and used up till gone, as what happened in subsequent years.....or it is a really old Day 2 owner upgrade to a HEMI......IMHO.

I'm no expert, but I agree about the gas pedal, and the extra Pentastar. That Master cylinder screams out original, and makes me wonder if that would have been installed on a HEMI car from the factory. Darn sure I wouldn't rely on that with the additional HP.

Nice touch with the WEIAND valve cover screws. :)

The side trim is 66 and the single pot MC usually says 66 too. The Fed mandated the dual pot MC for 67 but was that in effect before Jan 1 of 67? Seems this car has had some personal touches done to it which is the same things I did to my cars. My first car was a 66 II and had that same side trim on it and the 67's didn't have that particular trim and can't see someone changing it since it's not exactly an easy thing to do but I've seen weirder stuff happen before.

Pretty sure the wheel trim is the same as well for 66 and 67.

It took me forever to be able to tell the difference between 66 and 67 Plymouth b body cars.

Now they are as different as night and day to me.

Of course it sure helped that my brother had a 66 at the same time I got my 67!

By 1967, it was mandated by the Federal Government that all vehicles use a dual-brake master cylinder, with separate circuits in case of the failure of a line or other issue.
Yes, that's what I posted previously, but wasn't exactly sure if I recalled correctly. Those days it seemed like every year was a different safety feature, like belts, headrests, padded dash, etc.

Pretty sure the wheel trim is the same as well for 66 and 67.
No it’s not the same 66 to 67. The profile shape is the same so that is why it appears the same. Look at the ends by the rocker trim. 66 satellite WW trim is formed to go over the rocker panel trim and appear one piece. This is for front and rear at the rocker trim. The rear has trim on the bottom of the quarter panel and the rear WW trim is cut short to meet up with that at the rear of he wheelwell.

The 67 GTX WW trim is not like this it stands alone and so does the rocker trim, they don’t touch.

all of the changes were formthe 1968 model year.
F72918E7-5E07-45E9-A7CB-4F114E6287F9.jpeg 2A8B7566-EB70-4333-9652-3C5283535584.png 08195BD5-A9E8-4406-BD86-E40E410D50E5.png

Last edited:
The Fed mandated the dual pot MC for 67 but was that in effect before Jan 1 of 67? .
The 1966 federal motor vehicle safety act was for 1967 model year cars. So they all had these items, even the first 1967’s produced one August of 1966

Some of the things mandatory were:
Dual master cylinder with brake warning lamp
Padded dash
Seat belts for all passengers
Reverse lamps
Collapsing steering column
Satin finish wiper arms
4 way flashers

OK, Satellite wheel trim vs 66/67 non-satellite trim.

1966 satellite and 1967 Belvedere II and GTX have the same profile but are different at the ends where the rocker trim is. They are both stainless steel. The 1967 satellite front wheel well trim is anodized aluminum and is trying to be the same profile but is off a bit.

1966 satellite is the only Plymouth b-body to have wheel well trim.

All this talk about the options, the trim, whats right and whats wrong is all fine and dandy.
The real cool thing is her dad gave it to her and she drives it!
Great car.

The build date would answer many questions . Could be a very early 67 / late 66 build .
Back in those days adherance to regulation was not taken as seriously as today . It would not surprise me to find out they used left over parts on very early MY builds. Or its possible this was a promo car , factory employee demo or dealer demo build that got sold to the public . Still happens ... albeit todays cars are just cookie cutter order profiles.

When we talked to her, it was dark...I didnt get any photo's at all. My buddy took these earlier in the night. i"ll ask if he got any more. Maybe she'll be there this month....

Auto Transport Service
Back