• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Attention ALL 1966-67 B-Body owners!

Would not be hard to make a mold out of plaster and some fiberglass or someone with metalfabrication shop could Make some out of 22gauge

I'm getting ready to put my motor together so I can move around to the other side of the firewall in a month I'll have my dash and heater box out.... my car has some of the nicest parts I've ever seen so hopefully there good and I will copy them and show the tutorial... making a mold to mass produce is expensive to make one or too is not. I want to fiberglass my new paper glove box also. But metal would be easy.... I'm not going to sell anything I make..... just free how to and photos my amp meter to volt meter came out nice. Once I'm done or September I'll post a bunch of stuff. Just can't do both...

After reading this post this morning, I became curious because my car was raced by previous owner. So I go out to the garage, uncover car, crawl under dash. Wouldn't you know! I'm missing both.

After reading this post this morning, I became curious because my car was raced by previous owner. So I go out to the garage, uncover car, crawl under dash. Wouldn't you know! I'm missing both.

You can find sets on ebay often enough with the cracked tabs that contain the bolt hole for fairly cheap. I superglued the cracked tab back on, carefully roughed the plastic using rough grit sand paper and then used fiberglass sheet and resin from the marine supply store to strengthen the whole area. I then folded a sheet metal retainer that spreads the stress of the retaining bolt over a wider area. It is almost impossible to find uncracked ones and the repair is almost unnoticeable once installed.

one billion dollars.jpg

I say someone who has a decent pair go on Alibaba.com and get a quote from China. Do you have to obtain Chrysler Corps. permission to reproduce the unobtainium parts they have no interest in making?

I found two replacements for my car, but of course, the end broke the end off of one when installing it. They get pretty crispy after 45 or 50 years.

I think these parts would be prime candidates for 3-D printing. It's really amazing what they can do with this technology now, and the various medians available. If youre not familiar with it, take a look on YouTube, it may blow your mind.

Auto Transport Service
Back