• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AUTHOR NEEDS HELP WITH PHOTOS -- 1970 PLYMOUTH ROAD RUNNER 440-6 AND DODGE SUPER BEE 440-6

autotraveler

Local time
5:36 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone, Rich Truesdell here. If my name looks familiar, it's because I have contributed photo features to Mopar Enthusiast, Mopar Muscle, Muscle Car Review, Musclecar Enthusiast, and many other titles.

I am finishing up my second book (2012's Hurst Equipped was my first), to be called Maximum Muscle, which celebrates the 50th anniversary of the penultimate year in muscle car history, 1970. The book will be published on October 20, 2020, by Quattro/Motorbooks, just in time for Christmas.

https://www.quartoknows.com/books/9780760366783/1970-Maximum-Muscle.html

Because of the travel restrictions in place with the coronavirus cries, I will not be able to travel to shoot several cars, the most important are the 440-6 versions of the 1970 Plymouth Road Runner and the 1970 Dodge Super Bee. I need publication-quality, high-res images of examples of stock/original/restored versions of both cars.

I need as many shots from the list below as you might be able to provide.

1. Front three-quarter exterior
2. Side-profile exterior
3. Rear three-quarter exterior
4. Wheel/tire combination
5. Primary exterior badges
6. Right-side engine shot (prefer taken in the shade with no contrasting shadows if possible)
7. High center shot with and without air cleaner if possible (prefer taken in the shade with no contrasting shadows if possible)
8. Left-side engine shot (prefer taken in the shade with no contrasting shadows if possible)
9. Interior, from the driver's-side-door open, passenger-side door closed (prefer taken in the shade with no contrasting shadows if possible)
10. Interior, from the passeger-side, driver's-side door open (prefer taken in the shade with no contrasting shadows if possible)
11. Shot of the console and shifter
12. Close-up of the instrument cluster/radio area (prefer taken in the shade with no contrasting shadows if possible)
13. Shot of the open trunk showing the spare tire

Feel free to include up to three detail shots of your favorite elements, especially if they are unique to your car.

As most of us have an HD camera in our pockets, full-resolution photos from your iPhone or Android are acceptable although photos taken with a mirrorless or D-SLR camera are preferred.

If you need help in taking your photos, please refer to my guide, posted here.

https://automotivetraveler.com/magazine/viewer.php?path=2012/03/Automotive_Photography_Made_Simple

With so many of us shut-in at this point, here's an excuse to get you and your car outside to get some fresh air. I know I'm going stair crazy right now.

One final suggestion, keep the backgrounds simple, like a golf course or park, unless you have the opportunity to get some shots with a period-correct – gas station, diner, 1960s subdivision – in the background.

If you can help, send me a Private Conversation where we can exchange phone numbers and I can assist in setting up a transfer. Yes, I just happen to own a 440-powered, a 1974 FMC 2900R pusher motorhome, almost identical to Charles Kuralt's, from CBS On the Road fame.

https://www.thehenryford.org/collections-and-research/digital-collections/artifact/233612/

this is what I guess could be called crowd sourcing. In these challenging times, we do what we need to do to get the job done.

Stay safe,

Richard Truesdell

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Rich! Thanks for your contributions to the hobby.

Pictures downloaded on this site will be compromised in quality due to the attempt to save data space. Good luck and keep us posted!

welcome to FBBO

there's plenty of photos on here
see which ones you like right click on their screen name
PM/Send them a private message
when the different box comes up, right click on
'Start a private conversation'
ask them if you can use their photos or likeness etc.

discloser; please don't take offence
will you share the profits, off the obviously paid gig ?
for them allowing you to use their cars & photos ?
for fellow FBBO members doing this for you...

free books ?

maybe a gratuity & maybe to sponsor the site ?
contribute something more here

discount price for the books for FBBO members ?

or is it just for sake of saying ? ;
"this guys book may have or has my car in it"

I doubt you'd want anything I have
I suck at photography, I'm far more into day 2 types of cars or racecars too
I do totally respect the real/accurate & OE correct restored (few & far between)
or real org. true survivor cars...

but;
I'm asking because...
I'm looking out for our fellow members interests...

good luck

Last edited:
Welcome aboard from Ohio.

Welcome to our insanity Rich.There more than enough guys here that fit your lens.Just might be difficut do to the currant carownersvirus and not allowed in public parks and beaches.I'm not a golfer so I don't know.I e/mailed several friends that have just the cars you are looking for. Good luck eveyone! CyberInk is cool and print is even better!

Welcome Rich. it's been so nice to read all of your informative and detailed posted over the years where you helped us to repair and restore OUR Mopars. Oh...wait...that's right, your a cipher. You asked for us to give you help but didn't mention helping us in any way. Don't expect too many pics pal. If there was not a Covid 19 emergency we would have never heard from your exaultedness.

Welcome aboard Rich!
Thanks for joining our Forum...

One thing:
Send US some pics...
Yup, that is how it is typically done here.
The NEW member posts pics of his or her car/cars etc.
Not usually a "shopping list" of:
1. Hey! This is what I need
2. This is what I want.

Again, thanks for joining the forum!

Joined 8 years ago and this was your first post? That’s gotta be a record.

There is other "being" that has many screen names on reserve.................
this guy appears to have a different style
& he writes way too well, to be that alias loving douche

Jackstands.jpg

Posted on April 1st
:p

Auto Transport Service
Back