• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Autocross

I had to run the exhibition class because of my tires. My best time was 56.1 not sure on the order.
I try to beat my friends time but I am usually about a half a second off. He drives a Subaru STI so if I am close to his time I feel I am doing pretty good. The car can go faster its just a hand full to keep under control I'm holding back and learning on my runs.

My time was ok, The best time for the track was 49.56 (AWD Porshe 911)and my best time 55.91 .I've really enjoyed doing it.
You'll get there Mike.And Im looking forward to your posts when you do.
Thanks,Joe

Hey Joe I see that you are running Time Attack. I have been running with the SCCA SOLOII and been having a ball. OK I I am one those Porsche guys running Super Street. I am building a 68 Plymouth GTX convertible 493 ci. Hotchkis and willwood brakes. I'm building the car for Cam class. It's a growing class. Maybe a dozen Mustang's a 71 Monte Carlo and we will see if I get my car done. If you want to check us out https://www.rmsolo.org/help.php. In the spring they will have a driving school that gets you into the race the next day. The Cam guys and girls are very welcoming. By the way I have building mopars since the late 70's Drop me a line sometime since I'm also in the Springs.

Hey Joe I see that you are running Time Attack. I have been running with the SCCA SOLOII and been having a ball. OK I I am one those Porsche guys running Super Street. I am building a 68 Plymouth GTX convertible 493 ci. Hotchkis and willwood brakes. I'm building the car for Cam class. It's a growing class. Maybe a dozen Mustang's a 71 Monte Carlo and we will see if I get my car done. If you want to check us out https://www.rmsolo.org/help.php. In the spring they will have a driving school that gets you into the race the next day. The Cam guys and girls are very welcoming. By the way I have building mopars since the late 70's Drop me a line sometime since I'm also in the Springs.

Awesome! I'm In!! I registered for the event this Saturday.

Last edited:
At least you can drive it I'm still building mine and it has been sitting in the garage for some time as I played with Porsche's. At least I have snow tires on the Porsche as it's my DD. I'm home this week welding up the K frame and welding in the lower radiator support. My car is painted and I have a ton of new parts. I just have to put it together.

This is not a Mopar but I like the pic. It's from 2 years ago at PPIR.
IMG_0388_zpsigptcoc9 champ 2015.jpg

Are you still Autocrossing?

I took the Charger apart like an idiot 3 years ago and am still working on it. LOL. So I haven't been competing with that car. I competed with a Corvette two years ago but sold the Corvette. Great car but I am a Dodge guy. Last year was a **** show for the entire world and still is.
I bought a wrecked Viper and put it back together and am planning on running that this year. The Charger will still see action again when I get the new engine in.
Thanks,Joe

Auto Transport Service
Back