• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Automatic Column to Floor Conversion

67SniperHockey

Local time
2:27 PM
Reaction score
Aside from obtaining a center console and all the pieces (and modifying the actual steering column to get rid of the column shifter) - does anyone know if anyone repos the correct brackets that are welded to the floor? 67 Coronet R/T.

I know this conversion is completely unnecessary, just curious about the floor brackets in particular and other requirements that would go into completing this conversion. Only option to find a factory console parts car to get the brackets?

AMD sells repro console brackets. I've also seen used ones for sale both here and on ebay. 66-70 b-body all use the same brackets. For the steering column, I think you are better off finding one from a console car if you want it to look correct as I don't think you can easily modify the column shift version to look the same.

AMD sells repro console brackets. I've also seen used ones for sale both here and on ebay. 66-70 b-body all use the same brackets. For the steering column, I think you are better off finding one from a console car if you want it to look correct as I don't think you can easily modify the column shift version to look the same.

https://www.jegs.com/i/Auto+Metal+D...YVZNWa3cVXr7r1rMiotuOWHla4Vnwu5YaAlmHEALw_wcB

Sounds good about the steering column. I know about the flaming river setup but I think you’re right about finding an original. Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back