• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AutoMeter tach wiring help!

zyzzyx

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
I have what I believe is a Model 438 AutoMeter tach from the late 70's. Anyone know how to wire this to a dual point
distributor? Maybe someone has a copy of an old instruction manual? Thanks! Here's a pic of the buisness end:
20230227_125015.jpg

Should be the same as any other tach. Single or dual points do not matter. Keyed 12 volt feed, ground, negative side of ignition coil.

Unless that is some model of tach that is driven from a box of some sort. Looks like it might say do not change sender. What ever that means. Some mopar tachs like out of 66-67 had some sort of tach driver/sender box i believe.

Sun tachometers also has some sort of tachometer transmitter. That Autometer just seems odd esp. with all black wires. You might try calling them to see what the deal is.

Early sun tachs usually SST's used a seperate sending unit. Good luck finding the mercury battery in them though.

Auto Transport Service
Back