• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Average house price in your state?

The Wisconsin Realtors Association and Wisconsin Policy Forum say the average home price in Wisconsin is roughly $285,000, as of 2023. That's a 65% increase from 2020.

Up to $302,612 now

Oconto County , north of Green Bay where I live

In March 2024, Oconto County home prices were up 30.4% compared to last year, selling for a median price of $248K.

We own just under a few acres of land - The house was built in 1999 as a spec home , we paid for everything around $139 K - 1700 sq ft two story with a 4 car attached garage - Nothing fancy

Modest subdivision , every one has an acre or more

Planted Trees Trees Trees and more - Grass - Deck - Some remodeling inside , granite , new floors

This past winter Oconto County assessed our house for property taxes at just under $400 K

I literally fell out of the Superbee when that came in the mail

All the new sub divisions with these cookie cutter ranch homes I like to call them

Everywhere now popping up , it’s crazy honestly

1,700 - 1,800 sq ft - Half an acre to an acre

3 bedroom - 2 bath - 3 car garage - Basement unfinished

$450 K - $500 K all day long

I want to buy my mom's 20 acres of forested foothills and her awesome house and metal building but it's going to be about 1.3 million. I'll try to grab some photos.

$647,900 here in Washington, on the left coast of America…

Most of the new developments I see on my commute or around my normal travels say "From the 200's", but some say from the low 300's.

Almost all are .25 or less lots and range from 1400 to 2000 sq ft.

They are almost all either just starting acutal concrete work/blockwork, or jut starting to set trusses.

Unless like me you get outta Dodge and get back in rural. The short term gain is great, but the long term tax gain is huge.
I went in with my brother on a bucket list farm in the middle of nowhere here in Missouri 2 years ago. 53 acres, 1,200 square foot house, two big outbuildings, spring fed ponds and it butts up to Mark Twain National Forest. We paid $165,000 and remodeled the house and cleaned up the rest of the place. Taxes are better, but like my lake house, they caught on and even they raised them till it didn't make sense to register my cars and boats there anymore to save a few bucks. My point is, it's now worth around $350,000 and as the old phrase goes, you can run, but you can't hide. When the man needs money, he'll come and get it one way or the other. Yes, the taxes are still less than my new home, that's true. Location, location, location!!!

Last edited:
The county the farm is in has already said they're fighting to keep taxes low, but it will inevitably have to raise them. They're warning the residents that it's coming.

So Age 26 is the New 18

I constantly think how young adults can afford a $500 K home or $1,500 Apartment in Central WI

My thinking is that when the fourteen new housing developments and three new chipboard togetherment complexes (apartments) start actually selling, prices should start to come down.

If not, then the housing "crisis" is worse than folks thought.

We're kind of enjoying the high rent situation, though.

It's nice to have some "supply side" leverage, to keep up with inflation.

209K in FL.

BS

We ain't nowhere near that and we're OK.

Better than OK, actually.

My thinking is that when the fourteen new housing developments and three new chipboard togetherment complexes (apartments) start actually selling, prices should start to come down.

If not, then the housing "crisis" is worse than folks thought.

We're kind of enjoying the high rent situation, though.

It's nice to have some "supply side" leverage, to keep up with inflation.

there is always the possibility of the gubment using tax dollars and a little corruption to fill those new houses with criminal aliens.........

We don't have 2 kids.

...but our boy and his wife do.

They are proabably close to that 200K income number, but they are doing WAY better than just getting by.

Figures that Taxachusetts is the highest. :rolleyes:
All you need to live comfortably in Mass is....... per year!

drevil-300x294.jpg

209K in FL.

BS

We ain't nowhere near that and we're OK.

Better than OK, actually.
Hold on tight, because it's changing. Florida’s troubled property insurance market is not your best friend, almost a 200% increase in three years for many.

Auto Transport Service
Back