• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"B" Bodies With 17" Wheels.........Post Your Photos

I've finally decided on these 17" wheels, US MAGS U102.
dfpWfSHR1OW30spoi7ah1v1FK6Ufjrc5UqJiEZQGCKaLxDcsNI8WQqow74En3SGEDJqe1CKi59vI-TLzKPtrjH4v5uKz3WYo.png

I think they look good at a price point that doesn't break the bank.

Here is mine thanks to another member here

View attachment 356032 View attachment 356033
My absolute favorite wheels of all time! The original t70r was only made for two years, so very rare. Then they brought them back, in more and larger sizes. Hooray! I went looking for a good price on some , a few weeks ago, and they are discontinued again. Hold on to yours!

View attachment 938076

Totally agree.
I think I just found my Rim. Thanks Larry. I'll research it.
Hopefully they come in the sizes I need with variable back sets.

Totally agree.
I think I just found my Rim. Thanks Larry. I'll research it.
Hopefully they come in the sizes I need with variable back sets.

They do come in 15",17", 18" and 20", varying widths and backspacing.

I found a decent deal locally in So. Cal for a set of these with Nitto 555 G2 235/45-17 (front) & 275/50-17 (rear) mounted and balanced.

View attachment 938076

Nice wheels. Although I think mine are a cheap copy that was formerly sold exclusively at Discount/America's Tire and are in 18". If I could do it over again, I'd go with the 17"...

sunday 3.jpg 20181108_003822.jpg

Nice wheels. Although I think mine are a cheap copy that was formerly sold exclusively at Discount/America's Tire and are in 18". If I could do it over again, I'd go with the 17"...

View attachment 938918 View attachment 938919

Curious, what don't you like about the 18" wheels? I'm glad to be moving up to 17" from 15" mainly for performance tire options, but it was my goal to eventually get 18". This is all performance oriented and there's a pair of wheels that I really want at 18" that I'll pay money for. Your ride looks great and I've seen plenty of Mopars that look good with 18" wheels.

Curious, what don't you like about the 18" wheels? I'm glad to be moving up to 17" from 15" mainly for performance tire options, but it was my goal to eventually get 18". This is all performance oriented and there's a pair of wheels that I really want at 18" that I'll pay money for. Your ride looks great and I've seen plenty of Mopars that look good with 18" wheels.
The only performance increase options is brakes. There is no performance advantage with 18" rims. Especially with any acceleration. (Unless you putting some monster size tires under your wells) low profile tires side walls has to be much stiffer to support the energy with less available rubber. Thus less flex. Which is paramount for acceleration grip. 2nd only to tread foot print. (Width)

The only performance increase options is brakes. There is no performance advantage with 18" rims. Especially with any acceleration. (Unless you putting some monster size tires under your wells) low profile tires side walls has to be much stiffer to support the energy with less available rubber. Thus less flex. Which is paramount for acceleration grip. 2nd only to tread foot print. (Width)
If you are talking straight line. However increased sidewall means increased tire roll when cornering. Depends on your needs

If you are talking straight line. However increased sidewall means increased tire roll when cornering. Depends on your needs
True. To a point. If you lose grip? Tire roll is irrelevant. I'm sure there are formula's for optimal cornering tire/rim combo. Including HP gains and losses. (The farther wheel weight is away from center? The more power it takes to turn.)

True. To a point. If you lose grip? Tire roll is irrelevant. I'm sure there are formula's for optimal cornering tire/rim combo. Including HP gains and losses. (The farther wheel weight is away from center? The more power it takes to turn.)
Sure ill buy that but remember rubber weighs more than aluminum at if you have 2 wheel/tires 26" in diameter one on 15" wheels and another on 18" wheels then the 15" combo has more weight further out. Plus you loose cornering. The only downsides to the 18" over the 15" are looks, stiffness of ride, and hook-up. A 5" sidewalls ride will normally be softer, and hook better than a 3" sidewall. Looks are debatable and up to the individual.

Going from a BFG all season radial to a Nitto 555 G2 will be a big difference. Speed rating, temperature, traction all go up and overall weight will be less which are all advantages. Modern day performance vehicles are not running 15" wheels and tries with 5-6 inch sidewalls.

I've already installed 4 wheel power disk brakes, and intend on getting larger brakes further down the line with tires that will have a larger footprint. The weakest link right now are the 15" steel wheels and truck tires.

Thank you, I appreciate it. Well the main problem I have with this particular wheel in 18" is the lack of width. I wanted my back wheels to be 9, maybe 10 inches but this particular wheel only comes in 7 or 8 inch widths at 18". If I had gone with 17" I could've had a 9.5" wide rear tire. Now that I look at discount tire's website, that wheel looks to be on the way out, inventory wise.

Did you go with the US MAGS? I want to run the Nitto 555's also...

That is not only a beautiful car but nicely set up. What wheels are those and what backspacing?

American Racing Torque Thrust 2's (CHROME PVD)
17x7 4"b/s
18x10 5" 1/2 b/s
If I remember the wheels specs correctly
I had them customed done!

Thank you, I appreciate it. Well the main problem I have with this particular wheel in 18" is the lack of width. I wanted my back wheels to be 9, maybe 10 inches but this particular wheel only comes in 7 or 8 inch widths at 18". If I had gone with 17" I could've had a 9.5" wide rear tire. Now that I look at discount tire's website, that wheel looks to be on the way out, inventory wise.

Did you go with the US MAGS? I want to run the Nitto 555's also...

Ah, yes I'd like a wider rear wheel too. Even at 17" X 8", it'll still be wider than the 15" X 7" steelies I have on now. The new 555's will give me more without having any real fitment issues. I do plan a mini-tub at some point but at least this way I can try something new out (upping performance and looks) and sort-out/plan on what to consider when going larger at 18" wheels/tires/brakes. My current brake setup works well, I may get a new set at some point (thinking Wilwood) and with the 17" wheels I can get a larger rotor in there. Enough to almost fill an 18" wheel, or I can just swap the rotors. I can do this and get it sorted first, then change over to 18" when I'm ready/able.

Yes, I did go with the Tire and wheel combo already mentioned.

A little info if anyone is curious. F70-14 is basically 205/75 R14 and 295/35 R18 is almost the exact same diameter.
F70-14 = 26.2x8.3
205/75 R14 = 26.1x8.1
295/35 R18 = 26.1x11.6
Screenshot_20200423-212211_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200423-212247_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200423-212257_Samsung Internet.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back