• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"B" Bodies With 17" Wheels.........Post Your Photos

This looks killer! Did you have to use a rear leaf spring relocation kit to fit the 17x9" in the rear? Do you know the rear's offset or backspacing?
Thanks, Drew

attachment-20140520-101552.jpg
Suspension wasn't adjusted but you get the idea oh there 18's 18x8 18x9.5 people couldn't stop talking about the wheels. I liked it so much I'm doing the same thing agen

attachment-20140520-101552.jpg

Did you have to relocate the leaf springs for the rear? Do you know the rear backspacing or offset?

0 offset wheels , no spring relocate kit and the springs are Hotchkis units with plenty of room to spare .S6300753.jpg

Well mines a 72, and I want 18s out back, but Ive done a lot of research and decided on the top setup in this picture (PVD finish aka black chrome). Sorry for the poor quality photoshopping but it gave me a good tool to help decide

Well mines a 72, and I want 18s out back, but Ive done a lot of research and decided on the top setup in this picture (PVD finish aka black chrome). Sorry for the poor quality photoshopping but it gave me a good tool to help decide

I'll be honest with you Tommy, I have never been a big fan of the Runners beyond 70. I'm a 68-70 snob.
With that said, your rim choice on that machine makes for a pretty bad-@ss looking bird.
Love the subtle stripes in the paint work.

I just had these delivered from Summit, 18 inch Circle Racing wheels that are going on my 69 RR build. I figure the classic styling cancels out the so called hoopty type vibe. I think these are going to look great! 18x8 front, 18x9.5 rears.

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

I have had an interest in moving to 17" wheels for some time because it is hard to find decent 15" tires. However a lot of these posts give wheel diameter and tire size. It seems to me this information is not very useful without offset and backspacing information. Those are what determine whether a particular set of wheels and tires will fit or not.

The OP didnt ask for anything but pictures, but in most cases, with 17" rims, up front anything with back space of about 4.5" or less will fit easily and in the rear about 5.5" or less. Again, easily.
I am going 17x8 front w/4" BS and 18x9 rear w/5"BS. Both setups allow over an inch clearance on the inside.
Outside clearance is a different matter, the front being trickier of course, and in all cases it depends on the car, other mods, etc.
If you have interest in setting up a specific car, just post up your question.

These pics helped me so much Im in the final l stages of a 72 restoration, i havent been happy with the stance, until i saw this car

Looking good Tommy - You really nailed the look on your car, great job!

20151013_165828 (1).jpg20151013_165805.jpg20151013_165752.jpg

Front 17x8 4.75 backspace 255/40 (better aesthetically if was 4.5)
Rear 17x9.5 5.5 backspace 285/40 (backspace works well on this car because the wagon has a wider rear axle)
Daily driver, no rubbing. ;-)

here's my 70 with old school 17's all around. 245/4017 front, 275/40/17 out back 17x8 front 17x9.5 rearcharger profile.jpg2015-09-16 17.14.22.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back