• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B body "dimples" to accommodate sonic ram tubes?

Geff McCarthy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:39 AM
Reaction score
I have a disassembled 64 413 sonic ram motor, from a K, that i plan to install in my 63 Sport Fury. I have been told that the factory bent down the sides of the engine compartment, by heating and dolly, so the ram tubes will fit. Any pictures, experience, advice? Thanks.

wrong info

Check out post #12...cant really tell what Im looking at, but I guess someone managed to install (or modify) into a "B";

Cross Ram or Long Ram?

Found these also;

LongramCharger.jpg

LongramCharger2.jpg

Last edited:
Total Myth. Sonoramic engines never came in a B-body, massive cutting needs to happen for it to fit. I have seen a few, not pretty.

you might re-think your plan. Mock it up and see for yourself how Much needs chopped off.

Driver side intake will clear the inner fender panel, but not passenger side. The engine is offset to the passenger side, unlike Ford or GM.

Driver side intake will clear the inner fender panel, but not passenger side. The engine is offset to the passenger side, unlike Ford or GM.
But it won’t clear a dual reservoir master cylinder.

But it won’t clear a dual reservoir master cylinde
If you look close out that Charger it looks like he hasn't figured out how to get front shocks on yet either.

Thanks for advice and dissuasion! Sonic rams came in a 60 Plymouth. Was that a wider body?
Would a Max Wedge fit in with no engine compartment modification in my 63? Thanks again!!

Yes...crossram and manifolds will fit. It'll be a very full engine bay, but they did it factory....

Just to clarify: you mean the short, Max Wedge manifold will fit, or the sonic,long rams? Thanks again.

Short max wedge. One of the best ways to preserve the value of a "B" IMO.

Hi
Please check my post under "Sonic Ram motor value " I have added a photo of what I did plus above that post I have provided a completed photo!

Auto Transport Service
Back