• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sonic Ram motor value?

Geff McCarthy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
I have a disassembled 64K sonic ram motor, all parts except correct carbs. carb linkage missing + matching original 727. I have finally accepted advice from elders here that I cannot stuff it into my 63 Sport Fury vert.
What might it be worth? thanks in advance

This is a 300J/300K 413 engine? Or a 361/383? I have seen it done. You need to notch the fenderwells. You might try FCBO also.

What is stamped on the top pad of the block?

What is stamped on the drivers side of the trans case above the pan?

Block: 1852029, = 62-3 413
and 2205697 =413/426?
a 4bbl manifold: 4100340-1
I micrometerd the bore: 4 11/64
crank 2206160 = forged 413 62-65
heads: 2408516 (2 ea) = 64 413 300K ram
a single Carter AFB 350S
Correct (I think) K exhaust manifolds, 1 broken in half, but weldable
I don't think i copied any numbers off the 727, but...
My brother was a MOPAR nut, and very precise. He had a rusty K convertible body, but sold it when his COPD became disabling.
Thanks again for your help!

Are you talking about the cross ram setup? If someone in the U.K. can fit it into a '63 Fury, it should work on this side of the pond as well.
ebay813242.jpg

Thanks for reference. Car was sold 7y ago, and dealer said it was made at the factory for racing. ad also says '62 long ram motor. and it says Max Wedge, which maybe it was from factory?
photo of VIN tag is blurred.
now i am more confused....!

Here is my other '63 with the Long Ram manifolds ... Considerable off the line torque!

63engcompa.jpg

both photos of the long rams are not 63 or 64 long rams.

Hi Not quite sure what you are getting at, The Long Ram manifolds were a "C" body item , I'm sure anyone who knows anything about Chrysler performance is aware of that. The manifolds on my car (second photo) originated from a 1960 "F". I obtained them from a '60 that was being parted out as it was far too rusty to save!
I thought it would be fun to install them on one of my '63's and see how well they worked!
The engine is a 440 backed by a '63 heavy duty pushbutton Torque flite that I built. The Long ram manifolds are bottom end to midrange and a bit manifolds , great fun coming out of the hole! I have never ever mentioned the word "factory" when it comes to this installation, which would make absolutely no sense at all as it's not that kind of car...I saved it from a wrecking yard! In the attached photo to this posting you can see the fender well modification I had to make to get the manifolds to fit, I tried a regular cross ram for the photo (those are going on my Son's '64) just to show what those would look like. To use those on my car I'd have to put together a little more engine!
shortramtest.jpg

What l think he’s referring to is that 63/64 Chrysler intakes are different. They referred to as short rams. Here’s a pic of short rams. Note the smooth top of intake. I believe they are also shorter in length.

IMG_8728.jpeg

IMG_8729.jpeg

shorter only on the inside 15" to 30" on the 60-61 rams. 63-64 made more power in the upper rpms.

Hi
Thanks for the photo reference Spare Parts! I have never seen the Long/short ram manifolds in person! But frankly throughout this thread the difference between the short or long ram tubes never even occurred to me, as the modification required to install either one in a "B" body would be the same. Take Care

in 1962 the 63-64 rams were an option over the inline 2x4. the 63-64 rams made more peak hp at a higher rpm but less torque than the 60-61 rams

Auto Transport Service
Back