• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B Body Factory Hemi H Pipe.

mrhemi

Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
I'll post this here before in the For Sale section, depending on responses. I have just replaced the complete exhaust system on my Charger R/T after nearly 40 years. All components were original NOS pieces. The H pipe is actually in really good condition, solid with surface rust only. When I installed all of this years ago, the components were blasted and painted with a high temperature aluminum paint used on piping and vessels in refineries. Some of that paint remains on the H pipe. The car has been driven approx. 19000 miles since then. Always garaged, hardly ever been wet. So the pipe is in decent usable condition.

So, the question is: Is this H pipe of interest to someone needing one for a "driver" Hemi B Body that doesn't want to pop for a current reproduction? It is far too good to dispose of. If any interest I will come up with a price and post appropriately. Located in SW Ontario so would have to be picked up. If no interest I may get it powder coated and call it "garage art".

Cheers.

I think shipping would be the killer issue although you might find someone within driving distance who is interested. I know a new Accurate Hemi h-pipe is a $700+/- item, plus shipping. Mine was about as you described but I went over it with Navel Jelly and then a coat of high heat aluminum paint that was pretty glossy. Ended up looking real close to the rest of the system which is all new.

Someone can use that. Not all the cars are show cars. I would be interested, but the distance and out of country would end that idea.

Last edited:
Yes shipping is a show stopper. That is why I indicated it must be picked up. The cost of shipping is the reason I went with a Gardner system instead of Accurate. Gardner being in Upstate New York was much closer for me.

I'll post this here before in the For Sale section, depending on responses. I have just replaced the complete exhaust system on my Charger R/T after nearly 40 years. All components were original NOS pieces. The H pipe is actually in really good condition, solid with surface rust only. When I installed all of this years ago, the components were blasted and painted with a high temperature aluminum paint used on piping and vessels in refineries. Some of that paint remains on the H pipe. The car has been driven approx. 19000 miles since then. Always garaged, hardly ever been wet. So the pipe is in decent usable condition.

So, the question is: Is this H pipe of interest to someone needing one for a "driver" Hemi B Body that doesn't want to pop for a current reproduction? It is far too good to dispose of. If any interest I will come up with a price and post appropriately. Located in SW Ontario so would have to be picked up. If no interest I may get it powder coated and call it "garage art".

Cheers.
I just contacted Nick Panaritis of Nick's Garage in Ontario and gave him the link to your message about selling the H pipe. Nick may want to buy for his inventory. Good luck.

Cheers.

If you were closer. I would grab it for wall art myself

I just contacted Nick Panaritis of Nick's Garage in Ontario and gave him the link to your message about selling the H pipe. Nick may want to buy for his inventory. Good luck.

Nick is in that "other country, Quebec", but I will get in touch with him.

Wish you were in the U.S., I could really use the H pipe. The only exhaust I have for my Coronet right now are the headers.

Cheers.
If it's reusable, everything has value. Post it up in a sale thread and sell it to someone who needs it.

There is now an ad with photos in the For Sale section.

Auto Transport Service
Back