• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTI ??? I want to order exhaust for my roadrunner 440 w factory manifolds

superbirdtom

Local time
12:29 AM
Reaction score
So is TTI the way to go the 2.5 in exhaust-?? I see you can get them aluminized too. also should i get an H pipe or an X pipe- i heard X pipe gives a different better sound?? but that also depends on which mufflers you use, any suggestions??? Thanks

Yes the x pipe gives it a new car sound. Like a challenger/ mustang. I prefer the original sound

I've had and also have presently, TTI systems on my Mopars and I liked the fit and finish. Very easy to install using the instructions. I believe all the systems are aluminized tubing.
I use the "H" pipe and like them.My two cars have 3" pipe with Super Turbo mufflers. You may want a different muffler? Ruffcut

You mean my charger sounds like a new car lol. 3” TTi X-pipe Hemi Mufflers Sniper X-Flo EFi idling at 900 RPM.

Roadrunner or Superbird? If it's a Bird you may as well do it correct and buy a system from ECS for the minimal extra it may cost..

I like the Accurate Exhaust I put on my Coronet.

So is TTI the way to go the 2.5 in exhaust-?? I see you can get them aluminized too. also should i get an H pipe or an X pipe- i heard X pipe gives a different better sound?? but that also depends on which mufflers you use, any suggestions??? Thanks
I can't speak to TTI. I wanted the original sound and look for my 1972 Road Runner GTX 440. I ordered Accurate after talking to them on the phone. I ordered a complete system. I am very happy with the installation, the look, and the sound. The installation went perfectly. It went right in with no fit issues or modifications.

TTI 3” with X pipe and Flowmaster Delta 50’s, does it sound like a 5.0 Mustang ? I don’t think so…

Having personal experience with Accurate Exhaust, I highly recommend their consideration. Very highly recommend. You will not be disappointed.

Are those new FX even quieter?

No personal experience, but FX mufflers are on the louder end of the scale found on Flowmaster’s website. They appear to be copycats of Dynomax Ultra- Flo mufflers so I assume they will have a comparable sound.

IMG_4635.jpeg

Got full TTI two and a half inch system for my 63 with x-pipe and super turbos. Very happy with that. Just give them casting numbers for your exhaust manifolds and they will make up the head pipe to match the system.

When I'm ready late this year I will have my local guy do the exhaust. No one carries exhaust for a '65 small block with magnum manifolds.

Oh year....$400 installed is cheaper, too. But I already own the glass packs.

Vroooom....

No personal experience, but FX mufflers are on the louder end of the scale found on Flowmaster’s website. They appear to be copycats of Dynomax Ultra- Flo mufflers so I assume they will have a comparable sound.

View attachment 1610889
Thanks for the scale. At the time I ordered my exhaust I didn’t have a clue that the Dynomax Super Turbos started restricting HP around 380 or so. I’m going to look those Flomasters up to see if they have a restriction on them.

I recently bought a 69 B that has 440-218 step headers on it going into 3 inch exhaust with X pipe. The starter installed was the TTI recommended Gen 1 RobbMc which is no longer available and last made in around 2010 when they updated to their Gen 2 starter which is 1/2 inch shorter and a bit bigger in diameter than their Gen 1. A lot of modification to the primary tubes and even after that very little clearance between header and starter. Tried all over looking for a starter that would give me more header/starter clearance than the Gen 1 with no success. If you every have to change your starter and/or solenoid it's a real Bit*h of a job. I know TTI are supposed to be the Cadillac, or since this is a Mopar site, the Imperial of headers but before buying a set of TTIs I would check your clearances as you wouldn't want to install your starter only to find out the TTIs won't fit and don't believe for a minute any claims that you can change a mini starter without having to take the TTIs off even on a Roadrunner or Superbird.

Every big block header I’ve ever encountered requires the driver side to come off for a starter change…

Auto Transport Service
Back