• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B-body Front Upper Inside Header Panel Trim Clips

elliskev2

Local time
12:44 PM
Reaction score
Hi Gang,
Does anyone have a trick up their sleeve to get these clips to hold in place? I have broken 3 of the new clips already. I don't have enough of the original to reuse.
Maybe a small pilot hole and put in a small screw? Any suggestions? I'm sure others have had some issues.
Thanks

20230621_211750.jpg

I flattened out the "prongs" and drilled a 3/16" hole in the center of the clip, installed rivet nuts in the square clip receiver hole (drilled to size), used 10-32 round head screws to retain the clips. Worked great.
Mike

I flattened out the "prongs" and drilled a 3/16" hole in the center of the clip, installed rivet nuts in the square clip receiver hole (drilled to size), used 10-32 round head screws to retain the clips. Worked great.
Mike
That's a good solution. Ticked me off last night while trying to get them in and breaking 3 of them. I knew there had to be a better way. Thanks Mike.

Those repop clips are useless...yet the vendors keep selling them to unsuspecting buyers. Hard to believe this is still going on. Been a known issue for quite some time.

Auto Transport Service
Back