• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

b body throttle cable?

whiteknuckler

Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
I have a 69 Coronet R/T with a 440-4bbl. My stock original throttle cable frayed and wore out, the one I got from Classic industries is longer but I thought I could make it work. I have a Torker 2 intake with a Holley carb and a 1 inch spacer. The new cable is not going to work, it is too long and only has about 1 inch of pull.Even if I do modify a bracket to hold the housing, the pull will only get a little over half throttle. Anybody have any suppliers for a stock 69 b body throttle cable? The previous cable did work. Thanx, Jack.

I am also looking already for some time for a replacement cable, same same.
'69 Coronet R/T, Edelbrock performer RPM intake with Holley carb.
I think i am in the need for one that is a little longer then original, as far as i found the original cable is just over 19" long so 1" or so longer should work out for you as well with the higher intake you have.

I found the below on Mancini racing website, which i think i will order soon as well as i cannot find anything local here. (Europe)
https://www.manciniracing.com/marathca4.html

They do have the original length cable as well btw.
https://www.manciniracing.com/marab24bathc.html

Mega parts lists cables too

I also found this on another site if it helps. Autozone or napa can get Pioneer cables.

19B43764-7215-4162-89A7-F207F2147FDF.jpeg

What makes the over-all-length? cable end-to-end or the jacket end-to-end?
Because also Summit Racing sells the CA-8418 cable which is a few inches longer then original.
I do wonder though how that works out, the OP has ordered from Classic Industries which sell 27" and 29" which is way too long.
Makes me wonder if the 24" does fit with a little higher intake?

Used Lokar on 3 cars.. Looks pretty and is very functional. Pretty sure you are going for stock look but its something to think about.

I believe the mancini part is what I used.

Did you get any further with the throttle cable?
Would be good to know for me as well if Mancini their cable works out.

I had to deal with same and kickdown linkage in mine. YearOne took care of what I needed.

Did you get any further with the throttle cable?
Would be good to know for me as well if Mancini their cable works out.
Ordered from Mancini, will be here tomorrow but I will not get a chance to work on til next weekend. Will let you know, ordered cable, different bracket and return kit bracket and spring. I do not have to deal with kick down as I have a manual valve body.

Ordered from Mancini, will be here tomorrow but I will not get a chance to work on til next weekend. Will let you know, ordered cable, different bracket and return kit bracket and spring. I do not have to deal with kick down as I have a manual valve body.

And did you get it installed? Really interested how it worked out.
I will be placing an order soon as well at Mancini and will include the same throttle cable to replace mine.

And did you get it installed? Really interested how it worked out.
I will be placing an order soon as well at Mancini and will include the same throttle cable to replace mine.
I did not install yet, turned on the heat in the garage and people stopped by to visit. Couple hours passed and I lost my ambition, turned the heat off and went back home. The parts look great and I am very confident they will work good. hopefully put on soon.

I am happy to say that I put the throttle cable, adjustable bracket and return spring set up on tonite after work. I feel that is is a high quality, user friendly set up that will work for a very long time!
I got the cable that was 21 inches overall and would not go any shorter, maybe a whiskey longer.

20200121_182548.jpg 20200121_182609.jpg 20200121_182620.jpg

Thx for the update.
Your setup looks clean and neat!
I was thinking to go with the other bracket that Mancine sells, it states it is for Edelbrock RPM manifold and other similar height manifolds but i will need the one with the kick down lever shaft.

I ordered a longer throttle cable from Mancini's and didn't realize that the "throw" was short until it was installed. My throttle won't open all the way.

That is probably the CC-371, which says the length is 24".
Supposed to be used for aftermarket intakes, but i can not figure where i would leave the extra 2.25" compared to the one that is 1" longer then original.
That one has much longer outer sleeve, which indeed would reduce the "throw" length.

https://www.manciniracing.com/maratamathca.html

Auto Transport Service
Back