• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B/E body rear end

mopar family

Local time
11:06 PM
Reaction score
hello , in a junkyard i found a 70 or 71 plymouth station wagon ( not sure about the model , the front face was absent ) and i recovered the rear axle , after verifications it seems that it's an E body rear end , flange to flange : 56,5 , leaf spring centerline to rear spring centerline :46 , have you ever seen it before ? thank you

70 and 71 are totally different body styles.

70 wagons share the basic body and floor pans with 66-69.

71 and up wagons have IIRC the widest axles ever installed in B body cars.

The "good" axle chart (the one that lists 65-67 and 68/69 and 70 all as different) also lists wagon dimensions.

I'm not sure if I included wagons in the rounded to 1/8 inch chart I posted in the axle section.

Can you point me to the "good axle chart"

Thanks,

ok thanks , i know that chart , but does someone know if an E bdy rear axle could be find in a b body station wagon ?

All sorts of things may have happened since the vehicle was first sold. People modify cars and sometimes use stuff from other models if the correct parts are not available.
I just modified a 1970 Charger axle to fit into a '65 Valiant. The Valiant axle is about 3 1/2" narrower but by changing a few things, it fits in there as if it were put there on the assembly line 55 years ago.
If something fits and is in the car awhile, it may start to look original if dirt and grime build up around it.
I've argued that Mopar built 9" front drum equipped A body cars through the 1976 model year because I have seen them but I may have been seeing something like I described above....Correct parts being scarce and people just finding what they can to put a car back on the road.
Good luck. (Where is Correns?)

All sorts of things may have happened since the vehicle was first sold. People modify cars and sometimes use stuff from other models if the correct parts are not available.
I just modified a 1970 Charger axle to fit into a '65 Valiant. The Valiant axle is about 3 1/2" narrower but by changing a few things, it fits in there as if it were put there on the assembly line 55 years ago.
If something fits and is in the car awhile, it may start to look original if dirt and grime build up around it.
I've argued that Mopar built 9" front drum equipped A body cars through the 1976 model year because I have seen them but I may have been seeing something like I described above....Correct parts being scarce and people just finding what they can to put a car back on the road.
Good luck. (Where is Correns?)

hello , i think it was the original rear end , the car slept 30 years there , i's not an import car because there isn't the french chrysler plate inside but the data plate like cars coming from US , so you have understood that correns is in france , i think that the mystery continue ....

Even if the e-body flange-flange worked in the wagon, the perches are wrong - unless, of course, somebody did some modding....
untitled.png

Auto Transport Service
Back