• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

B/RB Dual Quad measurement needed

sam dupont

Local time
8:53 AM
Reaction score
Considering a 2x4 on my Dodge and I want to make sure it will fit before I buy the air cleaners. I don't need any more stuff I can't use. The measurement I need is for just the inner lid depth.

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 7.00.52 PM.png

Last edited:
Issue, what carbs are you planning to run? On early cars stock air cleaner is smaller size, which means to run later carbs will need to use 5 1/8 neck air cleaners. I had to make my base plate for 2x4 with air grabber hood. On a side note the later carbs both used electric chokes and it was the best cold start BB I have ever driven. It also got 2 mpg better gas mileage over the best 4 barrel settings.

Here are pictures of 2 X 4 set-up from a 1962 Chrysler 300H that I installed on a 426 Street Wedge in a 1964 Dodge Polara 500 that I used to own. I had no underhood clearance problems with it. Just as a guess, I would think the air cleaner lids were about 3.5" tall, but I no longer have the car, so can not measure them. I had stock 1962 carbs on matching intake. Chrysler used about .5" spacer under the carbs so that linkage did not hit intake manifold runners. One of our Members, hemi71x, has a set of these air cleaners for sale. Maybe you could prevail on him to measure for you. It sounds like he prefers to communicate through PM.

42[1].jpg 44.jpg 45.jpg

I converted the heat tube automatic choke to electric, using the Edelbrock kit. As I hoped, it bolted right on. As another poster mentioned, it started well and got better mileage than my 440, 4 barrel 1967 R/T.

What car and engine are we working with. A R/B engine is a little taller than a B. Factory 2x4 manifold has a pretty low profile.

Auto Transport Service
Back