• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back at this Finicky 340.

OK, based on the info you have provided, your timing is pretty close to dead on, minor tweeking maybe but it should run there, you apparently have no vacuum leaks, you already rebuilt the edlebrock. In post 11, you said it doesn't want to fire when choked, that sounds like flooding but then you said once it starts it acts like it's fuel starved...so yeah get somebody that knows what they are doing to rebuild the carb again or pitch it and buy another one. I think if I were in your shoes I would just replace that carb. If money is tight, you can find good rebuilt for cheap all day and I can only tell you what I would do but I would switch to a demon, quick fuel or Holley.

Last edited:
Make sure the needle&seat aren’t sticking when you hold it eye level & actuate the floats. You could have one side sticking(no fuel) and the other working fine.

Auto Transport Service
Back