• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Back in the day pictures of wrecks!

Jesus took the wheel!

interstate-84-semi-crash-photos-from-the-baker-city-area-pileup-0a19d9c0c01f15ca.jpg

You know, on a more somber note, a lot of people died in these crashes. It got me a bit yesterday. One of my good friends got married while we were in high school. He had a 68 Super Bee. His wife was also in our class. She crashed and rolled the 'Bee one morning, and died, about a half mile from school. This was 1976, and her family has kept one of those little roadside memorials up at the site ever since. Yesterday morning, I read her daddy's obituary in the morning paper. She was mentioned in the obit. It brought back sad memories......

Past Sunday at 6am a 65 Chevelle under a bobtail. Assuming that early maybe going to a cars and coffee. No traffic or anything just not paying attention. The chevelle hit the bobtail from the rear.

You know, on a more somber note, a lot of people died in these crashes. It got me a bit yesterday. One of my good friends got married while we were in high school. He had a 68 Super Bee. His wife was also in our class. She crashed and rolled the 'Bee one morning, and died, about a half mile from school. This was 1976, and her family has kept one of those little roadside memorials up at the site ever since. Yesterday morning, I read her daddy's obituary in the morning paper. She was mentioned in the obit. It brought back sad memories......
There were some bad crashes back then,several people I went to high school with died aor were seriously injured in accidents. People didn't wear seat belts and the cars weren't designed to obsorb the impact or have airbags like the cars of today. Our classic Mopars have zero side impact protection, keep that in mind before pulling out into traffic!

This picture was floating around the forums a while back, I don't know any of the details. Looks pretty bad for the driver, though I question if there was any driver in the car or if it was parked when the car got destroyed? No evidence in the picture that the fireman cut the car open to rescue the occupants, or recover the remains more likely, if someone was in the drivers seat when this happened.

21284693_BG1.jpg

A low mileage 440 4 speed U code cuda hit front rear. Stripped of parts in the late 70s. Stripped Shell was bought to make a drag car out of back then,but was never started. Was found in a backyard years later. Complete mint dash with ID tag,mint seats,complete numbers matching 4 speed have been reunited with wrecked body.
Is currently being restored!!!!!

69A392BA-C1B8-46BC-9CF5-9627D520757D.jpeg

AA85B939-26B0-4EE2-B848-35FD67F87F89.jpeg

B368299B-9D85-4E1B-9164-6C4DC68A3E20.jpeg

A low mileage 70 318 challenger
bought from a insurance tow yard in 1977. Was bent at firewall.A NOS front clip was still available from dealer in 77.
Had frame straightened and was turned into a Drag Car.
Motor came out wrecked 69 GTX. 4.10 Dana came out Gtx also. Did constant 12.3s.
Challenger did survive,but I have not seen it around for awhile.

D92F9CAF-1234-499C-8104-3D4FBCF84C7F.jpeg

81E3721C-B2C8-4D59-A121-60FA8259ED1E.jpeg

254F4F5F-04B4-4D88-963D-61B3C1C954C0.jpeg

7BF567AF-5A5B-4C90-A2F0-AD4EBD447317.jpeg

My 71 Challenger convertible was totalled when I bought it. I replaced the entire front clip from the tortion bar cross member forward. The firewall cowl and rockers were fine. The car had fiberglass front fenders on it at the time of accident. The front clip took the whole hit. After I repaired the car, my friend put it on his four wheel alignment machine and the car was within factory specs and was aligned with no issues. It drives great,with no unusual tire wear issues.

20221015_164702.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back