• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Backfeed to allpark lamps with directionals on

teddyzse

Local time
10:25 AM
Reaction score
Hi,i need info on why my side markers at all 4 corners and opposite side lamps of the the turn signal selection,example right turn signal selected front and rear turn lamps on right side flash properly but all the side markers flash dimly and left front and rear lamps flash dimly.I tried a spare turn signal switch no change,cleaned connectors at front corners and rear.I had the cluster out about 3 weeks ago did a conversion from ammeter to volt meter dash lamps replaced with leds and extra cluster grounds added,when checking wiring found a disconnected grey wire behind lighter area tried new flashers all bulk head connectors were cleaned 1 year ago could this be from lack of resistance in lamps at dash and all side markers and front and rear park and stop lamps help :tied up:

Most likely a poor earth connection at one of the exterior lamps. Remove bulbs one at a time and see if it changes. When you remove the bulb from the lamp with the bad earth the other lamps will operate correctly.
Hope that helps

I agree, it is either a bad ground or you have a shorted bulb or socket (probably in the front). The signal bulbs have two elements, bright on for signal and a dim one for park. I have seen where one of the elements comes loose and shorts to the other one. I have also seen where the contacts in the bulb socket rotate and the contacts cross align. Either one could cause this issue. Most likely in the front as, if it happened in the rear, your park lights would come on with the brakes as well as turn signal. Does it happen with either left or right signals or just one direction? Might also help narrow it down.

If it does this on both sides and you dont have the same problem when you apply the brakes, it could be the front ground. I would trace the front grounds back to termination, and I would say both are tied together at some point. this would cause this to happen left or right.

Auto Transport Service
Back