• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bad Vibes

Phil Anderson

Local time
9:31 PM
Reaction score
I am still trying to track down a bad vibe. 77 440 cop car motor. I believe it has the original cast crank. I have checked the front balancer it specs out as the correct piece. I have installed a B&M balanced flex plate. I also have a TCI nuetral balance tourque converter. New motor mounts. I have also installed the proper vibaration damper on the transmission. Everything I do makes it a little better. I have disconnected all of the drive belts. To be sure I would like to check the crankshaft to make sure it is the right one. The engine has been professionally rebuilt. I asked the rebuiler for the specs. They said that it was too long ago to remember. They did say they did not balance it and did install new pistons. Where would I find the P/N or what ever else do I need to kow to be sure of which crank it is. Thanks Phil.

They did say they did not balance it and did install new pistons. Where would I find the P/N or what ever else do I need to kow to be sure of which crank it is. Thanks Phil.

Got to be on one of the journals if you drop the pan I would think...it should read if it is the org.77 cast crank should be acording to http://www.mopar1.us/casting.html

Not at idle, when I race it to 1k or above. Feels like a dog shaking itself dry if can get what I mean. Seems to start out in the motor and end under the seat when I back off the gas.

Yes the B&M one. I'm wondering because the engine specs say this motor originally came with a steel shot peened crankshaft instead of the cast one.

Ok I called in sick to work today. Foot hurts. But I was able to lay down under my car and take off the oil pan and windage tray. The casting number is 4027175. This means I have the original cast crank that would have come with the car. The engine looks all nice and shiny inside. I can see the bottom side of nice new aluminium pistons ! As far as I can tell I have all the right parts. Foot feels great after laying down all day. What next ? I know it hasnt been balanced. How much does that cost ?

Auto Transport Service
Back