• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bailey's drinkers....

I like Carolans better
carolans-750ml.png

Sorry all. Failure, apparently. My gf checked on line again at 2 a.m. to get more. Sold out. (I bet the Walmart delivery girl that brought the three went back and bought her store out!)
Oh well. When this is gone, back to Kirklands......

20231026_083927.jpg

Last edited:
On ice, Bailey's is better. In coffee, who cares?
That's it. 99% of my use is in coffee, and really I have used carolans, dempseys Kirkland, Duggans and Baileys, and in decent coffee, they are all acceptable.
Now that I have plenty of the good stuff, over ice in the evening will be more common.

Or manufacture your own.
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

• 1 ⅔ cups Irish whiskey

• 1 cup heavy cream

• 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup

• 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules

• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

• 1 teaspoon almond extract

• Run it all through a blender for half a minute, store in the fridge for up to two months.

Take a glass , spin glass with chocolate syrup, add vanilla, ice cream, more chocolate or syrup, and then add Baileys

1699033250999.jpeg

Last edited:
When I was a younger man we would buy a case of beer every Friday and a bottle of Emmets, the cheap Baileys. We would put the Emmets in the freezer and vow not to drink it until it was at just the right temp. We would crack a beer and down that, and about 5 minutes later but agree that the Emmets was now at the right temp for drinking. Then we would down the whole bottle. Elapsed time, about 10 minutes! When we both had a decent check we would buy Baileys, not very often, but as a treat, and drink rust the same way.

When I was a younger man we would buy a case of beer every Friday and a bottle of Emmets, the cheap Baileys. We would put the Emmets in the freezer and vow not to drink it until it was at just the right temp. We would crack a beer and down that, and about 5 minutes later but agree that the Emmets was now at the right temp for drinking. Then we would down the whole bottle. Elapsed time, about 10 minutes! When we both had a decent check we would buy Baileys, not very often, but as a treat, and drink rust the same way.
Wow, at 2400 calories per bottle, I'd have to be a younger man to pull that off as well! :)

I'd have to try Baileys next to the American made whiskey/ cream drinks. Buffalo Trace Bourbon Cream is tasty. Same type of recipe only it has Buffalo Trace Bourbon in it instead of Irish Whiskey. I like the Buffalo Trace and I also like the Ezra Brooks. Most of the big distillers have their own version. I just read that Baileys adds flavoring where Bourbon based juice doesn't. Bourbon is at least 51% corn and is already sweet. No additives needed for their flavor profile. The BT is a bit hard to find here but the EB is easy. It runs around $18 a bottle here.

View attachment 1550815

View attachment 1550814
I've often enjoyed this South African product as well.
1699045218076.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back