• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

power steering issue

justjim

Local time
5:09 PM
Reaction score
i removed the part in the upper left with the one in the lower right will there be any return line issues ? it’s on the power steering box p.m me with your thoughts

D2BF9F10-7000-4B81-A8C2-D9869D8D4B14.jpeg

I am not sure why the 1966 and older has that large return hose, and then it was gone in 1967. I don't know if there were any internal changes to go along with it.

Does it look like the o-ring will have a place to sit against and seal up on your steering box?
it came with a o-ring but my original had a brass washer and i am planning on using a brass washer ? even NAPA said don’t use the rubber washer

I would use a copper gasket ( brass washer).

There are 2 rubber o-rings on there. And rubber was factory. "rot" not in out lifetime. What does "even NAPA" Mean? Like they are some sort of automotive knowledge source?

so same question, is there a place for the copper washer to sit and seal this different piece to the box?

View attachment 1589433
I believe he's talking about the an adapter fitting
D2BF9F10-7000-4B81-A8C2-D9869D8D4B14.jpeg

There are 2 rubber o-rings on there. And rubber was factory. Rubber will rot, not in our lifetime. What does "even NAPA" Mean? Like they are some sort of automotive knowledge source?

so same question, is there a place for the copper washer to sit and seal this different piece to the box?

View attachment 1589433
i am referring to the small part in the lower left, that has a rubber o-ring that i am replacing with a copper washer, the kit came with both rubber o-rings for the big piece

IF you are not going to use the one in the upper left, I would be interested in it.

Auto Transport Service
Back