• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Balancing blue printed engines are the next gen engine builder advertisement

Balanced, Blue-Printed and Blue Painted!!
20210901_150155.jpg

Yea OP these are the best times of your life. Enjoy the time you have working with your Dad, it will end sooner than you want.
Looks like cool projects you guys have goin!

This is the first time my dad has ever spent this amount of money before because he’s spent 40 years getting to this type of lifestyle. And it’s pretty cool to see this type of stuff for the first time in my life.. iam spoiled in my life by hand me downs clothes to a truck or motorcycle now and usually it came years inbetween each other. My dad always done for me thr best he can.

when your a poor family full of mutts who usually work with hand me downs and all of a sudden blessed by a change in finances like my dad building up it doesn’t just hit quickly it’s over time seeing rare artifacts object clutter inside a old rickety house that once was nothing of value but holes where multiple roaches and mouses are running around.

we would have never had a 440 six pack to another six pack set up back then-so seeing this being here in this house full of poor folk lifestyle memories is kinda like a upper middle class man having a 426 hemi 1971 1 of 30 manual survivor 1971 charger in a standard fine suburban home that’s a 300000 dollar home.

This is the first time my dad has ever spent this amount of money before because he’s spent 40 years getting to this type of lifestyle. And it’s pretty cool to see this type of stuff for the first time in my life.. iam spoiled in my life by hand me downs clothes to a truck or motorcycle now and usually it came years inbetween each other. My dad always done for me thr best he can.

when your a poor family full of mutts who usually work with hand me downs and all of a sudden blessed by a change in finances like my dad building up it doesn’t just hit quickly it’s over time seeing rare artifacts object clutter inside a old rickety house that once was nothing of value but holes where multiple roaches and mouses are running around.

we would have never had a 440 six pack to another six pack set up back then-so seeing this being here in this house full of poor folk lifestyle memories is kinda like a upper middle class man having a 426 hemi 1971 1 of 30 manual survivor 1971 charger in a standard fine suburban home that’s a 300000 dollar home.
A lot of drag racers, back in the day, did quite well with hand me down, used parts or just plain brain cells. Kicked butt and took names. If you get a chance, on Youtube check out "The Surfers" drag team from the 60's.

I have balanced a few motors. Start to finish. Most all aftermarket pistons and rods weigh in very good. And it's very dicey to remove weight from either. Only factory rods have balance pads. Weighing for Bob weights also included 2 grams for oil. Final balance was never more than 4 grams out. Ford small blocks could really be a pain . And adding Mallory metal gets expensive. Average time to balance about 3 hours.

I Balance here as one of our services offered here being a full service Machine Shop

Aftermarket Pistons/Pins 3-5 Grams from lightest to heaviest in sets
Aftermarket Rods typically 2-3 Grams from lightest to heaviest in sets, but the variance never seems confined at one end, meaning we end up working more(5 grams)
Oil factor most V8's we use 5 grams

And by the time we correct all parts, set up bobweights, and correct the Crank by itself if internal..... then Bolt everything else on to ensure they are neutral and we end up 4-5 hours ? and sometimes 6 Hrs if it's a real PITA.

Most aftermarket Cranks can require up to 20 grams either end correction, sometimes even more.
with
most "pre-balanced" Kits we check end up needing 5-10 grams either end, basically because of the untouched "ootb" Piston and Rod set variances.
They just spin up those "pre-balanced" stroker kit Cranks by themselves to guesstimate Bobweight.... done... finished... close enough/**** will run.

Auto Transport Service
Back