• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ball and trunnion help

poly1963

fire truck pilot
Local time
1:02 PM
Reaction score
need the correct part number for flange to do conversion to u-joint i tried 2-2-349 and 2-2-329 but no luck anyone ?:icon_question:

I would also be interested in that part #. I talked to Bob Mosher and he told me any driveline shop could help me,but so far i've come up with nothing. Thanks to anyone that can help us. John

heres a pic 633.jpgfound one at powertrain industries part no. 3102-40 ship will be in 2 days let yall know if it fits price is 81.00 plus shipping there is a picture of it on foward look web site forum

bolt on ball and trunion conversion

These bolt on adapters will create a driveshaft with no splines that allow the driveshaft to absorb length changes when the rear end goes thru its range of motion. That is why stockers have slip yokes. The driveshaft actually gets longer and shorter as the rear end winds up and hits the snubber and then releases. The tranny splines allow for this length change.

These adapters are made for trucks with a carrier bearing in the driveshaft that allows for this angle change.

Has anyone actually used these in a passenger car and either had or not had problems???

ball and trunnion

077.jpg heres the rest of the set up for the conversion. this flange is for six trans.

- - - Updated - - -

Are those for auto's or 4-spd's or both? i have 4-spd. John
my understanding is that it fits 3,4,and auto trans. i have all three i will let you know

Use the spicer flange (in the complete pic which is the 2-2-349), especially if you are racing it, the above flange in the pti pic i wouldn't trust behind something somewhat abusive

Use the spicer flange (in the complete pic which is the 2-2-349), especially if you are racing it, the above flange in the pti pic i wouldn't trust behind something somewhat abusive

Are you sure that's the right one,he said he tried that and had no luck. do you know what the spec's are on the flange on the trans? bolt circle diam. etc. Thanks for any info,just don't want to buy wrong one. John

bolt circle is 2.875, the pilot is machined on the outside of the flange and should be 3.750 , the corners of the 2-2-349 center the flange in the pilot of the trans comp flange. The stub and slip vary depending on tube of the shaft but the joint will be 1310 series.
He has the large detroit 4" let me look up that flange

Ok the other flange is discontinued, ok so that leaves the 2-2-329 for the small detroit and the large detroit either the pti stuff or see a machine shop and have plate made for the 2-2-329.

I am goig to have a new drive shaft made to replace my B&T, are there any new flanges being made for the 4" conversion?

Auto Transport Service
Back