• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ball & Trunion Driveshaft Conversion

Still have your original 4speed driveshaft? If so, maybe you can help me. I have a 63 2 door 330 which had a torqueflight when I got it and now I am installing a four speed. The driveshaft seems to be a bit too short. Could you measure yours for my benefit? If you want to sell it, I might be a buyer.
Thanks
Dave
I already traded the driveshaft for a 65 rear end but you could shorten the wheelbase by about 1” by swapping in set of front spring hangers from a Plymouth. That’s how Mopar changed the wheelbase between Dodge and Plymouth. Btw, here’s a picture of The new driveshaft that I just had made. Everything is new with all Spicer parts.

3CEDEA0B-3294-49E6-8DB4-F955C67169AE.jpeg

Thanks for responding. I didn’t know about the different spring hangers. Good to know. Little by little I am building my Mopar knowledge. I was surprised the 4 speed takes a different driveshaft since the three speed manual and automatic were apparently the same. As a 63 my car was a T85 three speed originally. Until I find one of those, I thought I’d run a four speed. Turns out that is a bigger deal than just the transmission. Even the crossmember and tranny mounts are different.

your new shaft will work nicely. I had an aluminum one in a race car for years that was custom made to my dimensions.

Auto Transport Service
Back