• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Banged the back side of my elbow pretty hard.....

Cranky, I’d file a lawsuit with the restaurant seeking a million or two, ya know something reasonable. Hell, if an old lady can win a suit cuz she spilled hot coffee on her snatch?

Used to be called in as an expert witness from law firms; lawsuits from (patrons) stores, hotels, eateries, etc. on the most friggin ludicrous stuff. Example, the beverage vendor employee who claimed he slipped on a dime-size oil spot in the store warehouse breaking his foot. Smart, don’t file a work comp claim with HIS employer, SUE their customer under their liability insurance. More cash to be had that way. Back before places had video cameras everywhere. On the other hand, video has confirmed legit injuries and those that aren’t. Could be your injury is on video…ahh sue for three-mil. Lol
Absolutely the way to go. Employers have work comp to limit the upside exposure. Had one case during my corporate days that was a stellar example of avoiding comp limits, and playing multiple parties. Repair guy was called in to fix a faulty gas heater on one of our tank wash facilities. Got on a 25 foot extension ladder, swinging in the breeze trying to fix the pilot light, fell off and fractured pelvis and both legs. He managed to join nearly a dozen defendants, including but not limited to the ladder manufacturer, my employer, the owner of the plant who leased the tank wash property to us, the heater manufacturer, and the gas company.

He ended up getting a multi million dollar settlement, in spite of being significantly negligent. My employer's insurance was happy to pay, because their cut worked out to an amount just above our deductible, after the other parties chipped in.

What is that damn gray line that keeps scrolling across the top of the screen from left to right, and everything freezes up till it goes away?

(Thought I'd throw this in so you could stop thinking about your elbow for a while. Hope it gets better fast!) :(

Getting old sucks, so does banging your elbo on stuff

My dad gets them bruises everytime he does something
out of the ordinary...
I keep asking him what did you do there ?
or how did that happen ?
most of the time he didn't doesn't know how
he assumes, many times it's because of playing with the dog
my poor dog Elvis gets a lot of the blame, he didn't earn
& he's/dad's still relatively sharp in his facilities, he's 86 thou...

I notice the bruising a lot more the past few years

I saw him bump, I mean just a lil' bump on his arm on a door handle
going out to put mail in the mailbox
& it looked like someone beat him with a damn bat, later that day...
He's on all kind of heart medication & blood stuff, I assume it is that
&
Your skin, lose now from lack of muscle tissue, all is aged,
and maybe lacking some sort of vitamin in your diet
seems to do that stuff, as people age...

I'm no doctor
but I play one, I give poor advice occasionally on the forum... :poke:

Got on a 25 foot extension ladder, swinging in the breeze trying to fix the pilot light
Reminds me of a seven-figure claim involving a repair tech from a garage door company working on a power OH truck door (high bay). He’s up on the ladder when a highway plow truck wants to enter that door, driver hits the remote opening the door. Door hits the ladder and he scurries off it hanging by his hands on the rail, ladder falls as he moves further away from the approaching door. He‘s in a bad way and knows it as the door keeps coming. He let go before the door probably would have severed some fingers or worse, dropping to the floor breaking all kinds of bones. No lock/tag-out, no sign, nothing to let people know he was working there behind the door. Got a bunch of sad stories like this one from my travels..

@Cranky you definitely had some bleeding taking place under your skin. Like i stated before mostly from small blood vessels that aren't as strong as they used to be.

I go for blood work twice a year. I used to use this one lab that seemed like they always had trouble getting blood from me. Sometimes they would stick me twice and then switch to the other arm. I'd come out of there with both arms bruised up. I thought I must have bad veins. Then I started going to the local hospital's lab and they never have a problem. Most of the time I hardly feel them stick me.

Auto Transport Service
Back