• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bare minimum

'73bird

Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
What is the bare minimum suspension i need to make a 1973 RR a roller and what alternate parts from like newer cars will work if I go to a junkyard to get them. Especially the rear end cause I don't want spend alot of money doing this due to having solid parts on my parts car I plan on driving until I get the body work done on this car. Srry if this is a repost but I couldn't find a thread

I made some out of 2x3. Works at both the front and back bumper bracket holes on a Duster.

misc 6-8-15 065.JPG duster 5-28-16 002.JPG

Do you just want to make it a roller to get it to a shop?

I'd build a few 'stands' with casters on them. There's plenty of ideas on line.

Something like this, but you can make one out of some 4X4 posts and casters from the store.

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Perform...fXn6GwXsgaQJPT1boUj6_k8rOecLKvKkaAhvbEALw_wcB

Yes I'm looking to make it a roller to bring to a shop and move in and out of garage until the body work is done and I can start moving stuff from my donor car. I thought it would be easier and cheaper to put the bare minimum of suspension on it as I don't have a trailer, not really a welder, and I'd most likely be using a car dolly to bring it to the shop

Auto Transport Service
Back