• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

barrett Jackson ridiculous prices

Ive never been to any of these big auctions.
It is nothing but an alcohol induced "who has the biggest pecker" showdown.

They must show that part during the commercials. That is good though, I don't care to see any of that.

1 laugh 1.jpg

Notice how damn near all the Chevy's have LS's in them.

I like to say “I need to open a chiropractic clinic from all the twisted necks as I drive by”. Not selling and have my pick of the stable to ride.

I attended a (very) local mecum, (which must not have done well, cause they haven't been back) but I saw a couple cars that I thought were terrific buys, and a car I really wanted, and might have bought a bidders paddle to get, but..... I simply didn't fit in it. On the other hand, I have seen some cars that I simply don't understand the stupid money they bring. And you have to remember.... the seller doesn't get the bid price, and the buyer pays quite a bit more than the bid.

I remember 10 years ago when I thought I might be able to swing a Ford GT for $150K, One just sold for $425K.

yeah, the local dealership here actually had one for a while. Mostly it was there to build traffic through the door but still... Wife and I went to look at it. It was STUNNING!
A guy in Ft. McMurray ultimately bought it. Hopefully it didn’t burn up in the big fire. But it was one of the most beautiful cars that I’ve ever seen.

I attended a (very) local mecum, (which must not have done well, cause they haven't been back) but I saw a couple cars that I thought were terrific buys, and a car I really wanted, and might have bought a bidders paddle to get, but..... I simply didn't fit in it. On the other hand, I have seen some cars that I simply don't understand the stupid money they bring. And you have to remember.... the seller doesn't get the bid price, and the buyer pays quite a bit more than the bid.
I will say, some decently priced cars sell at Meecum early in the week. There is a oldcar store 45 min north of me that buys some there. Pretty nice rides in the $30-50,000 range

I will say, some decently priced cars sell at Meecum early in the week. There is a oldcar store 45 min north of me that buys some there. Pretty nice rides in the $30-50,000 range
The one that struck me as a giveaway at the mecum I attended, was a beautiful late forties Mercury convertible street rod, beautiful new leather interior and chrome, sold for mid 20k, couldn't have done the paint that was on it for that. Saw a triple pickle hemi GTX sell for less than 70k, and a v-dub bus, no sale at 85k.
I just don't understand some people.

Chip Foose. Nice guy. Met him at a Mac Tool convention.

It seems like just yesterday... actually 2006. Then “something happened” to quote an idiot elected official. Seriously, houses, collector cars, vintage guitars, guns. It seems like a rerun to me.

I agree with the ridiculous auction prices, dang these cars are going for STUPID money. $3,600,000 for a 2023 Corvette; really.

Auto Transport Service
Back