• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

barring ware with 2 different oil

Kind of a crock of poop. Two different engines, Two different builds, No reference to clearances, two different bearing manufactures,. No mention of oil pressures, oil temperatures. The list goes on. Comparing apples to oranges in my opinion.

Quite right , I quit the video about as soon as he said 2 diff. bearings and engines !
I ran a hemi for 14 yrs with the same brand bearings , and 4-5 diff. motor oils and diff. weights too , the hemi didn`t give a dam what was in it as long as it was oiled .
He`s sure sounds stupid with this video ....jmo

Back in the day we called it Quaker Sludge :(

B.S. , I had a small time sponsor for a while that furnished me with quacker state oil , 40 weight , ran it for yrs. , never had a problem with it , babbit bearings too...
Ran the quacker state and valvoline for yrs , no problems with either ...
the worst oil I saw back in those days were pennsoil , for sludge .

True, All we used at the Dodge dealership was Quaker State products. Not knocking it.
Like everything else,some like, some don't. The shop foreman loved it and ran it in his 69 Polara. Guessing he got it for free.
We did tease the sales rep Saying "The Sludge man is here !" Those were the days.

Pretty sure there isn't any babbitt on a tri-metal bearing. If I remember correctly there's only a half thousandth of tin plating on top of the copper plate. Many factors damage that thin tin plating.
A tri-metal style bearing is a steel backing with babbitt as the lining with a copper-tin over lay in various thickness, depending on application and thickness....
BOB RENTON

I'm just here to see what "barring ware" is, and if I needed any. I did a Google search and the only hit brought me right back here. It must be quiet a rear thing.

B.S. , I had a small time sponsor for a while that furnished me with quacker state oil , 40 weight , ran it for yrs. , never had a problem with it , babbit bearings too...
Ran the quacker state and valvoline for yrs , no problems with either ...
the worst oil I saw back in those days were pennsoil , for sludge .
Yup....use pennsoil too but for a very short time.

@Kern Dog must be rubbing off on me. The title of this thread is driving me nuts. Can one of the mods around hear change it to "Bearing wear" for me please?

@Kern Dog must be rubbing off on me. The title of this thread is driving me nuts. Can one of the mods around hear change it to "Bearing wear" for me please?
What I always tried to get across was that I don’t specifically LOOK for errors, they just stand out like a naked woman in church. I scroll on by far more than I used to.

What I always tried to get across was that I don’t specifically LOOK for errors, they just stand out like a naked woman in church. I scroll on by far more than I used to.
I used to correct them but geez, who has time.

Auto Transport Service
Back