• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bat **** Crazy Neighbor

Dibbons

Local time
10:55 PM
Reaction score
We had some construction materials dropped off in front of our house a year or two ago (gravel and sand). Slowly but surely, the sand pile "disappeared". One morning I noticed the track of a small tire (wheel barrow?) which led from the sand pile to the front yard of a neighbor. Well, the mystery was solved but I decided not to confront the neighbor so as not to cause a problem. A short time later, the neighbor actually asked me if I wanted to sell him some of the material (I guess he thought he was being clever trying to get me off track of the truth).

In the meantime, I have been walking my Doberman a few blocks up and down the street (on leash) twice a day for several years now. Being the fact we have been attacked three times now in the street by loose dogs, I now find it necessary to carry a small baseball bat with me. Well today, just as I was leaving our home with the Doberman on our AM walk, a black pit bull loose in the street began to approach us. I immediately threw a small rock at the dog and it ran into the thief's front yard. The "thief" who was standing nearby, went into a wild rage, screaming over and over again that I will not throw rocks at his dog! I told him the contrary and walked on. On the way back, the neighbor was still out front but his dog was inside his yard. I stopped and asked him if he had anything to tell me. He ignored me. Photo is our dog "Camelia".

Camelia shaking 2 copy.JPG

We had one of those bat shits next to us some years ago. Ffn whacko. Was always trying to egg on a dog confrontation. If there was a way to to homeowner work quietly, he was as far to the other side of the spectrum as possible. Many other issues. Don't miss him or where we were living. Even his own kids disowned him.

Got a couple of those next door to me, known as the "********".

the neighbor actually asked me if I wanted to sell him some of the material (I guess he thought he was being clever trying to get me off track of the truth).
Seems to me you had the golden opportunity to say "what about the stuff you've already taken". You don't have to be an asshole but if you let people walk all over you, they will! Grow a pair man.

Typically if the dog owner is an asshole, the dog will be just like them.. Learned behavior.

My old neighbor was certifiable, on the day she moved in I got home from a car show and backed the GTX into the garage. She walked over and proceeded to rip me a new a-hole because my car was too loud. I got tired of arguing so I asked her to step back and pulled down the garage door. The next morning I let the GTX fully warm up in the driveway before heading out.

Before long, she blamed me for every loud car to drive down the street and harassed my friends when they came over. Then I began getting psychotic manifestos stuffed in my mailbox, complaining about everything from loud cars and motorcycles to my garbage cans sitting outside. After the 4th one I confronted her, of course she denied responsibility for them. I told her that I would involve the postal inspector if I got any more of her letters shoved in my mailbox, which violates federal law. She must have gotten the message because the letters stopped. The following summer I sold the house and moved a few miles farther north, my old neighbors tell me she is still a tyrant and a bully. I think the modern term for women like her is “Karen”.

We had some construction materials dropped off in front of our house a year or two ago (gravel and sand). Slowly but surely, the sand pile "disappeared". One morning I noticed the track of a small tire (wheel barrow?) which led from the sand pile to the front yard of a neighbor. Well, the mystery was solved but I decided not to confront the neighbor so as not to cause a problem. A short time later, the neighbor actually asked me if I wanted to sell him some of the material (I guess he thought he was being clever trying to get me off track of the truth).

This reminds me of the "Free Wood" sign I made and put on a pile of unused wood in front of a house I was remodeling. The asshat at the end of the block stole the sign and put it on his pile of garbage wood in his yard. You could see the sign from the house I was working on. Thieves are brash idiots.

In that neighborhood we had to take very little to the dump. We just put stuff in the yard with a "For Sale $ (price)" on it, and it would get stolen. If it said "Free" nobody would touch it.

Oh man, when I first moved where I am now, it was like a living hell. I moved in between two most totally crazy morons you could ever think of. I've told the story here before and might again soon but not today....but one thing that happened was the cops came to my place 42 times in a 10 year span and only 2 reports said 'advised' (one cop couldn't believe someone would call complaining about classical music lol) to all the crap they said about me from noise to suspicious vehicles in my driveway. Told one cop that all of my vehicles were suspicious to them lol. All good now as I outlived them! Living here for 39 years and counting and have a great next door neighbor now with the other on the other side being ok except for his dogs bark too much....but it isn't that bad.

I have a weird *** neighbor also. He mows a different direction every day and sometimes twice a day. Once with his push mower and again later on his rider. Edges, weed walks and blows the sidewalk, driveway and street each time.
Once the leafs start to fall he is out there 6-10 times a day. Almost starts right over again after he finishes the previous time.
so annoying, I can never leave my windows open due to the house smelling like 2 stroke and mower fumes.
He even blows the snow off of his grass until it gets to heavy and deep for him to catch up.
He puts up chains to keep anyone from every turning around in his driveway. He moves it everytime he comes and goes.
He leaves his house sometimes a dozen times a day. Leaves for 20 mins. Comes home for 20 mins. Leaves again for 20 mins. Goes on all day when he is not mowing.
He washes one of two vehicles every other day. If gets rained on, he must wash immediately.
I have 3 kids who all drive, so we have vehicles in the street almost always. In front of my own house mind you. If one of them leaves, he will go park one of his cars in front of my house. I guess so they can't get there spot back???
Pictures of him blowing nothing in fall, blowing snow in first of winter. Bronze colored car in front of my house and his chains blocking driveway.
I have plenty more stories of this weirdo.

20221029_141234.jpg

20221029_141240.jpg

20221221_152848 (1)4.jpg

20221219_131640 (1)3.jpg

20221225_131204.jpg

20221023_143628.jpg

20220602_074419.jpg

Resized_20220601_143402.jpeg

That's why I don't and will never have neighbors.
I learned a lesson living in a development in my 20s with an old hag who thought she was queen of the HOA (there was no HOA).
She and some others who lived in the private development tried to put a lein our homes for not participating in paying 20k for paving the private road. One call to my lawyer ended that. I said never again will I have immediate neighbors.

I'm the only grumpy old dude at my place.

I have a weird *** neighbor also. He mows a different direction every day and sometimes twice a day. Once with his push mower and again later on his rider. Edges, weed walks and blows the sidewalk, driveway and street each time.
Once the leafs start to fall he is out there 6-10 times a day. Almost starts right over again after he finishes the previous time.
so annoying, I can never leave my windows open due to the house smelling like 2 stroke and mower fumes.
He even blows the snow off of his grass until it gets to heavy and deep for him to catch up.
He puts up chains to keep anyone from every turning around in his driveway. He moves it everytime he comes and goes.
He leaves his house sometimes a dozen times a day. Leaves for 20 mins. Comes home for 20 mins. Leaves again for 20 mins. Goes on all day when he is not mowing.
He washes one of two vehicles every other day. If gets rained on, he must wash immediately.
I have 3 kids who all drive, so we have vehicles in the street almost always. In front of my own house mind you. If one of them leaves, he will go park one of his cars in front of my house. I guess so they can't get there spot back???
Pictures of him blowing nothing in fall, blowing snow in first of winter. Bronze colored car in front of my house and his chains blocking driveway.

View attachment 1433559

View attachment 1433560

View attachment 1433561

View attachment 1433562

View attachment 1433563

View attachment 1433564

View attachment 1433565

View attachment 1433566
Either he has OCD really bad or is a recovering alky.....
That's why I don't and will never have neighbors.
I learned a lesson living in a development in my 20s with an old hag who thought she was queen of the HOA (there was no HOA).
She and some others who lived in the private development tried to put a lein our homes for not participating in paying 20k for paving the private road. One call to my lawyer ended that. I said never again will I have immediate neighbors.

I'm the only grumpy old dude at my place.
Dang....good part about being where I am is everyone is on a least 1/2 acre and very few park on the street. My driveway is over 100 feet long so no need for me to ever park out on the street....even when I had 12 cars!

We just laugh it off at him. I guess I can't complain too much. He has never complained about all the vehicles at my house. At times up to 12 vehicles. However, no one can really do anything about it. They are all legal, plated and insured.

Either he has OCD really bad or is a recovering alky.....

Dang....good part about being where I am is everyone is on a least 1/2 acre and very few park on the street. My driveway is over 100 feet long so no need for me to ever park out on the street....even when I had 12 cars!
OCD for sure. I have been in house a couple of times over the last 20 years. Smells like bleach and cleaning supplies horribly. Not a single item on the table, counters or anything. Everything is nice and tidy.

View attachment 1433559

View attachment 1433560

View attachment 1433561

View attachment 1433562

View attachment 1433563

View attachment 1433564

View attachment 1433565

View attachment 1433566

That sounds a lot like my current neighbor across the street. She mows every other day and picks up individual leaves when they fall in the yard. It’s not unusual to see her shovel multiple times a day during the winter. Super OCD, but harmless enough…

Oh, thought of another one. He never parks in front of his own house. When I had people over for my Dads surprise retirement party and a few other occasions at my kids graduation parties. He sees me putting my cars out in the yard so we can set the garage up for everyone to party in. He parks his white Jeep out there everytime so no one else can parks in front of his house.
Several year difference between these 2 photos. I originally didn't have a hood yet.

IMG9526271.jpg

IMG951109.jpg

I had a property line discussion with my neighbor in NH last August. Having our property surveyed twice, I know where the lines are but they don't because they are constantly using our property for a horseshoe pit, have their dogs crap on, firewood, pile of stones, etc. We got along with the original old couple that were there when we bought our property in 2001, but they are long dead now and their daughter and her husband now own it. I was warned by the the old man years ago that his son-in-law was a dick and for some reason didn't like me. Well anyway, Submit and I went over there last summer and made small talk with them and when I brought up the property line, he took a nutty. This 71 year old guy was so out of control that he said that he hoped that I crash my boat on some rocks. All we wanted to do was to tell them to respect the property line, but with his attitude, he's going to come up one weekend to find I've erected a fence. Because of the proximity of my house to the property line, with enough trees and bushes in between, it won't bother us, but it'll be 10' away from his garage/guest house.

To prime him, here's what I put up last fall. A 6' white plastic stockade fence will clash rather nicely with his garage.:up:

IMG_8093.jpg

Not a nasty neighbor story, but the California storms have caused a problem with a relative's property when some oleander leaves were blown next door and some cattle ate 'em and died. The livestock owner filed a claim against the homeowners insurance policy when a toxicity report came back with results indicating the poisonous plants were the likely cause of death. These storms are causing all kinds of havoc.

Auto Transport Service
Back