• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bat **** Crazy Neighbor

We had a crazy neighbor years ago that my wife new from growing up in the neighborhood when it was created in 72'
Now luckily these are 3-5 acre parcels so we are not on top of each other but this elderly guy would drink a bottle of Vodka daily so he was snookered by lunch. He would stand at the end of his drive and stair and cuss at anybody who went by. He is 3 properties down from us so we rarely had to deal with him and he was scared of my wife cause she would cuss him up and down as needed. One day I come home and the neighbors are all at the end of the road with the sheriffs and turns out the Comcast van was doing line maintenance and went on his property and he broke out his M1 carbine and shot up the Comcast van causing the cable man to run for his life. Well it took the SWAT team to talk him out of the house. ( I told the sheriff I had a $100 bill to take down and give the SWAT guys if they would take the shot ) He laughed at me cause they were all to familiar with him. Well they took him to jail and I figured we wouldn't have to deal with him for years but damn if he didn't get out after about a year. I asked my neighbors wife how the hell they let him out and she just laughed and said they don't keep crazy.

I had a property line discussion with my neighbor in NH last August. Having our property surveyed twice, I know where the lines are but they don't because they are constantly using our property for a horseshoe pit, have their dogs crap on, firewood, pile of stones, etc. We got along with the original old couple that were there when we bought our property in 2001, but they are long dead now and their daughter and her husband now own it. I was warned by the the old man years ago that his son-in-law was a dick and for some reason didn't like me. Well anyway, Submit and I went over there last summer and made small talk with them and when I brought up the property line, he took a nutty. This 71 year old guy was so out of control that he said that he hoped that I crash my boat on some rocks. All we wanted to do was to tell them to respect the property line, but with his attitude, he's going to come up one weekend to find I've erected a fence. Because of the proximity of my house to the property line, with enough trees and bushes in between, it won't bother us, but it'll be 10' away from his garage/guest house.

To prime him, here's what I put up last fall. A 6' white plastic stockade fence will clash rather nicely with his garage.:up:

View attachment 1433598
A bunch of old hoods make a stunning looking fence also... just a thought. :lol:

3368263888_a9252e94ce_b.jpg

The only thing worse than living in a neighborhood is living in an apartment complex.

I like all my neighbors, few quirks here & there
I do have one next door up the hill, empty nesters (65-ish)
that obsessively
takes care of the easement between us

he's not into sports, racing or anything related,
that I'm aware of
I'll be watching a game & I see him out there in the easement doing something
he's a former Forestry Service Officer, Ritired after 40 years
a bit of a tree hugger, but not overly so, not in a negative way

He weed-eats, mows, plows/rototills, rakes, tills/turns over, leaf-blows
& burns it all off (not smoky, a real burn)
the trees deadfall, sticks & leaves, grasses weekly at a min.
only once a month at a min. in winter...
He's always fiddle-farting around out there, with something
(funny part is he has an outfit/gear swag, for every job too,
and he dresses the part
)
But, he does keep it really nice...
His place is really nice too, he must, or "just doesn't have a life"
outside of yard work & the trees, occasional dog walk or bike ride...
His wife is 'really quiet' too, an extremely nice lady,
runs her own business out of the downstairs bedroom
she's a golfer, he's not
he's a bike rider, she's not
they do have a cool dog, a Vishla "Rip"
I go out to say hi 'to him/them' every so often
they do belong to the RV group my dad used to run
so they do get away every so often
It's quiet when he's gone on weekends...
Overall a nice guy, they're good neighbors, a nice couple
like most of my immediate neighbors all are...

I have one guy across the street
'we all call Sanford & Sons',
Damon a single father
sort of a weird daughter, like 8 years old, but just a kid...
He has way too much stuff (****) too many toys cars trucks trailers
snowmobiles RV (many that don't run) small equipment, a backhoe,
several derelict/old vehicles, "future projects" etc.
that backhoe came in hand in the snow this year
He's got his hands full, especially being a single dad
& I cut him some slack for that...
Only real issue is;
It's all sitting outside in front of his fence, his side yard,
just off the street, driveway, on a 1.3 arce lot...
'sort of unsightly to have to see everyday' when I go out front...
But it has been widdled down slightly...
He moved from a place upcountry after his divorce, with 25 acres
to one of the smaller lots here, lots of stuff...
He has 'the too much stuff' syndrome...

but;
if that's all I got to bitch & moan about, I'm good

My other neighbor across the street has teenage kids, boy & girl
it gets a bit rowdy at times over there
'when Tommy & Kiley's is at work'
he's a big wig at Cal-Fire gone for days at a time...
She's a paralegal...
The girl is really quiet...
The son, Shea's friends & the boom boom music 'sucks ***'
they all get together & work out in Tommy's garage
mostly young car/truck/4x4/ a couple of 'fartcan' guys too
but for the most part, they are respectful, good kids
I did have a talk with them one time, about the music
been good since...
Tommy's dad Tom Sr. owned the house, before Tommy bought it & moved in,
he was a total car guy... Tom lives down in Modesto area now...

I know the family well...

My other neighbors below me, are 10-15 years younger than I am,
have a 13 y/o girl & a 10 y/o son, really good kids
Good friends, they moved here in 2007...
Darren's 53, his wife is 48-ish, have a huge Italian & her Dutch family,
Is always having the family parties out on his back deck
you name it, every holiday & birthday, really nice yard & pool
unless I go out the end of the backyard, I don't even really hear it...
Darren's a Jeep guy (his dad owned a body shop growing up)
also a Ca. Fish & Game warden/Capt. now
we rebuilt his Jeep (I was guiding him) from the ground up
Great people...
Really nice neighbors...

Everyone else is relatively quiet, nice or keeps to themselves
most all the direct neighbors get together on holidays & BBQs, birthdays etc.
Nice place to live
Everyone walks their dogs by & says 'hi' when you have eye contact
or outside in the garage/yard etc...
Nice small rural community, everyone knows everyone's dogs/animals' names
it's a really good environment...

I like it here...

Last edited:
I'm thinking of a song by The Doors.
:lol:

Got a couple of those next door to me, known as the "********".
The "********" are so bad, my wife and I bought the lot on the other side of us trying to avoid a "repeat".

At my previous address, I had a bad neighbour on one side. I didn't immediately move in as I was fixing up the house and shop to my liking first. The neighbour would continually throw weeds and grass clipping on my driveway, remind me that the hedge is mine, but then cut it himself and throw the clippings on my lawn, etc., etc. The day I actually moved in, I wheeled my dragbike (I still raced back then) out in the driveway, bolted on the wheelie bars, plugged in the starter cart, fired it up, rolled out into street in front of his house, did a proper burn out and launched! I was hoping he had a coronary, but not that day.

Let’s see, I play in a band with my next door neighbor, across the fence is Big Al, the best neighbor a person could have. He has a complete machine shop in his basement and fixes all manner of stuff for me. Across the street is GTO Mike, across the lawn is neighbor Chris, a sweetheart of a guy, and my biker buddy Scottie lives a couple doors down. It’s a small lake community, and we all get along great. I count myself lucky!

.... and for all the bad stories I have, I live on acreage now in farming / logging country and everyone on my road is great.

I think the City drives people nuts.

I work with a guy that is always fighting with his neighbor. They share a driveway and he lives behind them which the front of his house face the rear of my coworkers pole barn. For years he let's his kids use any leftover house paint from painting anything in the house and any spray cans laying around. The rear of the barn has hundreds of different colors and graphetti to look at everyday.

It kind of makes me wonder how many crazies are living among us? Most be more than we think because they are everywhere from what I see in the comments. Time for another "Twilight Zone" episode!

OCD for sure. I have been in house a couple of times over the last 20 years. Smells like bleach and cleaning supplies horribly. Not a single item on the table, counters or anything. Everything is nice and tidy.
Is there a wife?

It kind of makes me wonder how many crazies are living among us? Most be more than we think because they are everywhere from what I see in the comments. Time for another "Twilight Zone" episode!
10% odd and another 5% off their rocker.

Maybe higher on car forums.

That's why I don't and will never have neighbors.
I learned a lesson living in a development in my 20s with an old hag who thought she was queen of the HOA (there was no HOA).
She and some others who lived in the private development tried to put a lein our homes for not participating in paying 20k for paving the private road. One call to my lawyer ended that. I said never again will I have immediate neighbors.

I'm the only grumpy old dude at my place.
Yup. I can see my neighbors - using a scope of some sort. :)
After growing up and living in cities until I was 35, a little voice in my head (as well as a doctor I pretty much
owe my life to) talked me into getting the hell out of Dodge, so to speak.
Life is so much better on the side of a ridge - especially the one I was meant to live out my days on. :thumbsup:

Fresh air, no noise, & no stress.

I got lucky. We live on a private lane that was a farm lane. The farm was sold off over the years in big parcels. We pay one of the small farmer/independent trucker guy to maintain it. No issues at all
My neighbor across the lane is a now retired aero engineer who was a wheel in Martin. They have over 150 acres of horse stuff(hanovarians) he rides harleys and big dog bikes. Likes cars etc. He and his wife are wonderful.
The neighbors next to us which is still away from our house doesn't bother us at all. They raise sheep and goats and have some horses also.
Nobody else is close, very nice

At my previous address, I had a bad neighbour on one side. I didn't immediately move in as I was fixing up the house and shop to my liking first. The neighbour would continually throw weeds and grass clipping on my driveway, remind me that the hedge is mine, but then cut it himself and throw the clippings on my lawn, etc., etc. The day I actually moved in, I wheeled my dragbike (I still raced back then) out in the driveway, bolted on the wheelie bars, plugged in the starter cart, fired it up, rolled out into street in front of his house, did a proper burn out and launched! I was hoping he had a coronary, but not that day.
"Marking territory".
OIP.jpg
:steering:

I always said that when I was living in the barracks on-base that I would NEVER live in an apartment, condo, or mobile home. So, when it came time to find my first rental, it was a house. I didn't care how crappy, really; I wanted a house with a garage. Found one, got a couple of roommates, and moved in. I got the garage in exchange for a smaller bedroom. Went through a couple of more rental houses, then it came time to buy. Found my first house, with a single-car garage, and moved in. Great neighbors, too!

Later on, I wanted land. As much as I could afford. Found a house with a shop! Seven years later, I get hit by a tornado. Got to live in a fifth wheel travel trailer for nine months while out new home was built...Been on this property since 1996. Closest neighbor is nearly 800 feet away! It helps that three nearby homes were destroyed in the twister and never replaced.

I get along with my very few neighbors. I'm happy to stay right here until my time has expired.

I always said that when I was living in the barracks on-base that I would NEVER live in an apartment, condo, or mobile home. So, when it came time to find my first rental, it was a house. I didn't care how crappy, really; I wanted a house with a garage. Found one, got a couple of roommates, and moved in. I got the garage in exchange for a smaller bedroom. Went through a couple of more rental houses, then it came time to buy. Found my first house, with a single-car garage, and moved in. Great neighbors, too!

Later on, I wanted land. As much as I could afford. Found a house with a shop! Seven years later, I get hit by a tornado. Got to live in a fifth wheel travel trailer for nine months while out new home was built...Been on this property since 1996. Closest neighbor is nearly 800 feet away! It helps that three nearby homes were destroyed in the twister and never replaced.

I get along with my very few neighbors. I'm happy to stay right here until my time has expired.
Sounds absolutely wonderful!

I suppose I'm lucky.
The worst neighbors I've had were

A county sign and light worker that would fire up her county diesel truck 15 feet from my bedroom at 5:00 am every morning and let it idle for 2 hours or more.
I didn't have to be at work until 7:30 and it was only 15 minutes away. That truck was always still running when I pulled out.
C'mon lady, that's my fuel, and my sleep you're wasting.

and a preacher who was always, always standing by the fence in the back yard, so anytime I went out my back door...there he was. Kinda creepy.
One Saturday around 6:30 am I heard their heavy, electric gate banging closed multiple times. (it was pretty loud metal to metal as they failed to repair the rubber bumper when it broke off)
After about 15 clang-thumps, I went out and found them setting up for a yard sale.
I politely told them my wife was trying to sleep, and asked if they could possibly prop the gate open.
Instead of apologizing, he immediately barked if I was ever gonna fill in that hole in my back yard, where I had been working on the fence.
Really? Read your own book, man.

Auto Transport Service
Back