• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery cap color?

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
What's the correct Battery and color for a HEMI 69 RR?

Ok.
So was Yellow for Bigblocks
And Green for small blocks?

Ok.
So was Yellow for Bigblocks
And Green for small blocks?
68-69 all b-bodies had the same battery tray. As far as battery I just guessing a big block with A/C would get the group 27 also. Not sure

68-69 all b-bodies had the same battery tray. As far as battery I just guessing a big block with A/C would get the group 27 also. Not sure
I was surprised to find that my car came with the 27 battery tray, and a yellow cap 24 battery, according to the build sheet. 69 440 rr, no a/c.

20211219_200330.jpg
20220125_173935.jpg
Ck these folks out, (Weskcar.com). My ugly maintenance free to not to bad. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
that was in 2020. I am not finding new battery's with caps for sale, I looked at several parts stores and just got back from Walmart.
Off Wal MArts website. The 2 caps come off and there are 3 cell holes under each. It looks like the outside walls and top of the battery are smooth for the stickers to lay flat.

battery2.jpeg

Off Wal MArts website. The 2 caps come off and there are 3 cell holes under each. It looks like the outside walls and top of the battery are smooth for the stickers to lay flat.

View attachment 1240196
I was there that's a 24 they had no 27s. person that looked for me said they are having trouble getting battery's. Thank you. I'll get on their site.

View attachment 1240196
just got one from walmart $134..last one they had. I ordered the red cap kit also. thanks to all

Auto Transport Service
Back