• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Battery goes dead, no obvious reason.

Google

Parasitic battery drain​

It's not a hard test and that's how you fix the problem. You will feel like Einstein when you get done. On my tractor it ending up being the radio.

I have fixed 3 vehicles of my own that had slow drains....or parasitic draw.

Two were bad starter motors - build up of carbon from the brushes causing tracking across the terminals to ground.

The other was my own shitty wiring from the start - created what turned into a ring circuit by mistake. That's all fixed up now.

I agree with some of the prior posts, check the draw with a self ranging digital volt/amp meter. I just had to
replace an alternator on my Sequoia because of a bad diode. Older vehicles should not have any current draw
at all. Put the meter on and start pulling fuses, but first check the alternator! Good Luck.

I've read about using the multi-meter but I'm not understanding the process. Am I to Connect the meter to the battery then pull one fuse at a time? I thought I read before that one person is to watch the meter, another pulls fuses. I haven't tried this but I don't think the battery drains fast enough to show up on the meter display within minutes. I interpreted this process to mean that the numbers on the meter would be steadily dropping until a fuse is pulled. Is that right?

We try to put a positive spin on things and we try to make sure our posts are well grounded.

Last edited:
I hope they don't try to CHARGE me too much for an alternator....

01 face 29.JPG

It is a strange thing.
I've noticed that lately, some things are clear as a bell to me and I understand immediately. Other things look foreign and are not as clear. I have wondered if my brain is going soft from NOT working steady.

I don't want to sound biased, but the pricing is usually current.

It is a strange thing.
I've noticed that lately, some things are clear as a bell to me and I understand immediately. Other things look foreign and are not as clear. I have wondered if my brain is going soft from NOT working steady.
Did you bump your head?

It is a strange thing.
You might be suffering from Sometimers. :poke:

Well he was on the roof, then the ground, and doesn’t remember what happened in between.

No, I got it.
Maybe it was the fall from the roof and the concussion. It isn't significant, just sometimes a matter of reading something that just doesn't make sense when it should be easily understood.

Well he was on the roof, then the ground, and doesn’t remember what happened in between.
He was transported by an alien spaceship to the planet Zork, where he was anally probed for several months (their timescale) before being returned to the ground in the foetal position, and a slightly sore butt. At least that what was in the Police report..... :rolleyes:

He was transported by an alien spaceship to the planet Zork, where he was anally probed for several months (their timescale) before being returned to the ground in the foetal position, and a slightly sore butt. At least that what was in the Police report..... :rolleyes:
Typical day for a carpenter.

Auto Transport Service
Back