• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Beater A12 Super Bee at Irwindale last night

wingcarenvy

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:48 PM
Reaction score
photo2.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

photo5-1.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo4-2.jpg

photo5-2.jpg

photo1-3.jpg

photo2-3.jpg

photo3-3.jpg

photo4-3.jpg

photo5-3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

th_IMG_2525.jpg

th_IMG_2528.jpg

th_IMG_2532.jpg

th_IMG_2533-1.jpg

th_IMG_2533.jpg

Awesome pics!
Thanks for posting this.
Gee, I'm up here at Edwards AFB which is about 135 miles from Irwindale.
Wish I was there with you last night.
Great car, great pics!
A "BLACK PLATE" A12 car ! OMG!
"super-bee_ski"
PS: I LOVE Coronets!

Last edited:
Very cool photos, very cool ride, she doesn't look like any beater to me, looks pretty damn nice... well what did she run ??

Very cool photos, very cool ride, she doesn't look like any beater to me, looks pretty damn nice... well what did she run ??
Thanks for the kind comments, its mostly original paint. Best run was an 8.80 at 82mph.

since your parting it out , you think i can get the clutch pedal ?????????????

Haha funny guy.

Wing,

Thanks for posting the pictures,

I agree, That car looks much too nice to be a "beater" should run around mid 13's in the Qtr. In the mid sixties I use to run my old MW car at old Irwindale.

Now I'm told they moved it and it's 1/8 mile. Closed Lions, closed LA raceway, Closed San Fernando

closed OCIR Oh well.......That's progress At least you have a place to run your car!

Great vids! Love the car. If your car is a beater, then my Charger must be beyond hope!

Thanks for the kudos guys. My Bee definitely photographs better than it looks. I love the fact that its a little rough and it doesn't have its numbers motor so I dont feel bad about whipping it. It sure is fun to drive. Restored cars have lost their fun for me. I find more often than not I like project cars especially in original paint (like mine) or primer. My wife tells me that my favorite color is primer.

:headbang:very nice ,thanks for sharing,:headbang::headbang::hello2:

Thanks for sharing, great photos and i liked the videos! sounds good!

what is the black plate issue? just the cali plate? is that somehow special?

Calif. changed to the Light Blue plate with Yellow letters/#'s sometime in the 70's, allot of Black plates with yellow Letters/#'s, got tossed when people, sold & re-registerd them, then they changed to the white refected background plate, to help the cops more easilly catch more of the crooks & Liberals...LOL..., that are always running away from them, you can see the white reflective background plates, from a much greater distance...LOL... Finding a car with it's original Black/Yellow plate is gettting much harder & harder to find anymore...

too bad the guy forgot to gas up the ramp truck..........:grin::grin::grin:

hmmm...buy camel feed or gas up the truck......

Cool pics - and even cooler to see you race it! That's what they're for!

Auto Transport Service
Back