• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been listening to Frank Zappa this morning.

Not being a particularly girly girl, I'm a fan too! My brother is 6 years older and gets the credit for introducing me to one of the finest musicians to ever grace our planet when I was about 12.

Seeing him with The Mothers at the Rainbow Music Hall in Denver -- my second concert ever at 14 -- just reinforced my opinion. Overnight Sensation and Joe's Garage still get quite a bit of play around my house ... usually when I'm cleaning house since Billy doesn't share my admiration.

His testimony at the censorship hearings was legendary all on its own. Thanks for putting that up. << grovel >>

I don't think this one has been posted yet but it always made me laugh. It's still early but let's drink a beer and visit with Chrissy.

You've rekindled my need to purchase a zircon encrusted tweezer.

Yeah, those censorship hearings really needed his intellect.

Mincemeat comes to mind.

I remember standing up and clapping when I saw the rebroadcast.

Well, after sharing the video of Frank Zappa playing the “bicycle” with my older brother he came back with this recommendation of Black Napkins. Honestly there is a lot of material/songs that were put out but lately while discovering jazz greats this Black Napkins really blew me away today! The comments mention a female vocalists named Bianca Olin and her multiphonic solo that brought chills to me. Damn smooth stuff.

upload_2022-2-15_18-52-25.jpeg

When the wife and I were trying to see the last big celestial event (don't remember what it was), we were driving around trying to find a viewing spot and Zappa came on the local community radio station.

She was like "WTF is that crazy ****?"

We talked about his intelligence, innovation, musicianship, and his role in the censorship hearings, his kids and their names, and finally "Valley Girl", arguably his most accessible song, and that being why I call my super affectionate cat, whose real name is Valentine- "Valley Girl".

I doubt she'll rush to DL any of his material but now she knows the history and appreciates.
She's pretty good about that.

You must have missed Cuda Chick's post. At least one woman is a fan! But, yeah, they are very rare...
Nope...didn't miss her post but think the phone rang before I could say or do anything.

Not being a particularly girly girl, I'm a fan too! My brother is 6 years older and gets the credit for introducing me to one of the finest musicians to ever grace our planet when I was about 12.

Seeing him with The Mothers at the Rainbow Music Hall in Denver -- my second concert ever at 14 -- just reinforced my opinion. Overnight Sensation and Joe's Garage still get quite a bit of play around my house ... usually when I'm cleaning house since Billy doesn't share my admiration.

His testimony at the censorship hearings was legendary all on its own. Thanks for putting that up. << grovel >>

I don't think this one has been posted yet but it always made me laugh. It's still early but let's drink a beer and visit with Chrissy.

You became a fan a LOT earlier than I did!!!! :thumbsup:

I believe I heard "Muffin Man" on Dr. Demento on WAZU sometime around 1980 (I would have been 12).

Ever since I've wanted those zircon encrusted tweezers.

Some people prefer cupcakes exclusively, but I for one......

Last edited:
Dweezil, Steve Via, and Satriani in 2019.

Back when he remade that in the mid 80's I really thought he'd catch on.

Too bad.

Dweezil holds his own with those two heavyweights.

I'd pay to see that live.

Edit- crap, it's not Dweezil, it's Eric Johnson.

here's the Dweezil version.

I thought the zircon-encrusted tweezers were mentioned in Montana but don't remember it in The Muffin Man.

Good excuse to cue it up again :thumbsup:

I think it's a semi-recurring theme.

So yesterday I'm spinnin vinyl, and I happen to play this and have never laughed so hard in my life!!!!!
I forgot all about this song, with car related lyrics!
WARNING: Offensive lyrics for those with puyssified pansy ears!

Jewish Princess - YouTube

I want a nasty little Jewish Princess
With long phony nails and a hairdo that rinses
A ***** little Jewish Princess
With a garlic aroma that could level Tacoma
Lonely inside
Well, she can swallow my pride

I want a hairy little Jewish Princess
With a brand new nose, who knows where it goes
I want a steamy little Jewish Princess
With over-worked gums, who squeaks when she cums
I don't want no troll
I just want a Yemenite hole

I want a darling little Jewish Princess
Who don't know **** about cooking and is arrogant looking
A vicious little Jewish Princess
To specifically happen with a pee-pee that's snapping
All up inside
I just want a princess to ride
Alright, back to the top... everybody twist!

I want a funky little Jewish Princess
A grinder; a bumper, with a pre-moistened dumper
A brazen little Jewish Princess
With titanic tits, and sand blasted zits
She can even be poor
So long as she does it with four on the floor
(Vapor-lock)

I want a dainty little Jewish Princess
With a couple of sisters who can raise a few blisters
A fragile little Jewish Princess
With Romanian thighs, who weasels 'n' lies
For two or three nights
Won't someone send me a princess who bites

So yesterday I'm spinnin vinyl, and I happen to play this and have never laughed so hard in my life!!!!!
I forgot all about this song, with car related lyrics!
WARNING: Offensive lyrics for those with puyssified pansy ears!

Jewish Princess - YouTube

I want a nasty little Jewish Princess
With long phony nails and a hairdo that rinses
A ***** little Jewish Princess
With a garlic aroma that could level Tacoma
Lonely inside
Well, she can swallow my pride

I want a hairy little Jewish Princess
With a brand new nose, who knows where it goes
I want a steamy little Jewish Princess
With over-worked gums, who squeaks when she cums
I don't want no troll
I just want a Yemenite hole

I want a darling little Jewish Princess
Who don't know **** about cooking and is arrogant looking
A vicious little Jewish Princess
To specifically happen with a pee-pee that's snapping
All up inside
I just want a princess to ride
Alright, back to the top... everybody twist!

I want a funky little Jewish Princess
A grinder; a bumper, with a pre-moistened dumper
A brazen little Jewish Princess
With titanic tits, and sand blasted zits
She can even be poor
So long as she does it with four on the floor
(Vapor-lock)

I want a dainty little Jewish Princess
With a couple of sisters who can raise a few blisters
A fragile little Jewish Princess
With Romanian thighs, who weasels 'n' lies
For two or three nights

And as I have always maintained about you Bro, is that you missed your calling...The best DJ at spinning vinyl!!! Miss those times when we were bunking in and spinning them!!! Bro...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Broken hearts are for a$$holes.
I’ve been waiting for someone to quote this! That album was actually my favourite, with some truly biting satire. And I really think that Valley Girl stands on its own merit as a cool song. His daughter ad libbed the vocals and did a great job of it.
Frank was way underrated as a guitarist. There’s a great video on YouTube of him and Steve Vai trading solos for a long time. Two entirely different approaches to playing guitar, yet both geniuses. In an interview Steve talks about trying out for Franks band, a truly gruelling process. The album Ship Arriving Too Late To Save a Drowning Witch was my personal fave Zappa album and my introduction to the amazing Steve Vai.
And Joes Garage was an awesome song, too.

Frank was a fantastic musician and I still have some of his finest guitar work on vinyl. My wife bought me Shut Up And Play Your Guitar the three album box set.
Joe's Garage and Apostrophe were my favorites. Seen him live in the late 80's with a stage show like the Tubes used to put on. Very entertaining especially when Frank would break into a 5 minute solo.

Thanks for the post

Gus

Huh ... I just watched the Frank/Moon "Valley Girl" episode on Letterman !!

Auto Transport Service
Back