• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Been paying attention to the stock market again.....

Easier to say GF......but would understand if I just used an 'F'?? :D

...as long as you made sure to depict it as a French "F".

...ohhhhhhh, that "F"......

I personally like safe investments versus risky investments even though that they may not pay as much. This morning, Submit and I went to our Credit union to withdraw our (just matured) CD deposit funds, take out the interest it earned as spending money, and redeposit the full principal in another bank that had a better rate. When I told the office lady what we were doing, she said to hold on for a while and that she would check with her boss(es) to see if they could offer us a better rate than their advertised rates. The same office lady saw us take out another sizable CD amount a month ago and this one is even larger. Well, I got a call this afternoon and they are going to give us a rate of 5.25% for a term of 15 months. The amount we are rolling over will generate enough interest to make it worth our while to keep it there. That works for us & we're going back down there tomorrow morning to make it happen.

It's funny, I feel like I'm living an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies where Mr. Drysdale will do anything to keep the Clampett's money in his bank.

I did the same thing, they have a rate for existing money or new money. I said have you looked at my accounts, not a problem, I'll take my old money down the street to meet some of my new money. She said excuse me please, came back a few minutes later and that was that. Who do these people think they kidding. 13 months.

Auto Transport Service
Back