• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Before & After Pics

TopBanana

Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
Just thought I'd show you guys some before & after pics of my motor project in the Coronet.

I still have to paint and install the radiator, install & hook up the distributor & ignition, change the oil, plumb the carb, and hook up the throttle linkage, etc...but it's getting close. Sorry about the quality...I took them w/ my cell phone.

Looks a little different, huh?

01 Coronet Motor 2 bbl.jpg

06 Motor Paint & Acc.jpg

looks like an old 318, its looking good. I need to do that with both of my cars ='( one of these days.

very nice work.
how long do you work on it?

I actually started on it during the Christmas holiday, and had everything torn apart & was ready to pull the cam out in one evening, but ran into the wonderful issue with over-sized lifters (see thread Oversized Lifters )...a 3 week delay.

I guess total working time has been ~2-3 weeks, just taking my time, making sure stuff is cleaned up well, and of course remembering how to do this stuff as it's been 15+ years sine I've done major motor work like this. I'm HOPING to fire it this weekend.

I'll post a non-camera phone pic soon so you can see it better. Thanks everyone for the kudos! I'm glad you like it!

cool car. I have 65 bel 2 convertable, it was that color originally. good job!

You do nice work. It looks real good. :yes: Ron

Auto Transport Service
Back