• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Besides Selling Parts for Mopar Some of Us Own Them Too

PST

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
I didn't want to put this in the member's project section because it is not a B body. But this a my project Duster that I will be equipping with PST parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Well its almost been a year since I bought the Duster. Finally moved it from the corner of my shop to start picking away at it. The goal is to make it drivable for the summer. So to start I need something to attach the gas tank straps to. The only real spot of rust was in the spare tire well. So I found a AMD repair panel on craigslist that someone had lost interest in there project. Once that is in the car will get various suspension upgrades such leaf spring relocation kit, tubular control arms, torsion bars and lower control arms rebuilt with stiffening plates etc. Then this up coming winter the car will be stripped and the redone. Stay tuned

dusterabody_zps7fc5ea23.jpg

IMG_20130309_174536_zps4b7ae7e6.gif

IMG_20130309_173114_zpscfab8267.gif

IMG_20130309_173203_zps2ff1e572.gif

IMG_20130309_173057_zpsa648d6f7.gif

IMG_20130309_174515_zps40895e5a.gif

IMG_20130309_174502_zps49ebb45f.gif

Awesome! I have always loved the dusters and demons, Please keep us posted on your progress. I just received my catalog in the mail from you also. Thanks, Rich

Very cool car, looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you. Whats under da hood? Keep us up to date on the progress

It's a triple green 318 car automatic with a/c, manual brakes and power steering. The car has a lot of dents but very minimal rust. But it does run strong for sitting since the mid 90's

good to see a vendor working on a real car.nice work james.looking forward to future pics.

Hey James how about an update Project James's P-S-T-ified Duster

Also FYI your pics are gone except the first one. Do you have a website up somewhere showing what's going on?

I didn't want to put this in the member's project section because it is not a B body. But this a my project Duster that I will be equipping with PST parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Well its almost been a year since I bought the Duster. Finally moved it from the corner of my shop to start picking away at it. The goal is to make it drivable for the summer. So to start I need something to attach the gas tank straps to. The only real spot of rust was in the spare tire well. So I found a AMD repair panel on craigslist that someone had lost interest in there project. Once that is in the car will get various suspension upgrades such leaf spring relocation kit, tubular control arms, torsion bars and lower control arms rebuilt with stiffening plates etc. Then this up coming winter the car will be stripped and the redone. Stay tuned

dusterabody_zps7fc5ea23.jpg

I will have to check in to why the links failed. Unfortunately I have not been able to spend much time on the car. I have been able to remove the trunk floor and prep it for the replacement panel, but during further inspection I have found the car was fit fairly hard in the rear. Neither one of the frame rails is kinked but I believe that may have shifted. So at this point I need to get the duster over to my friend shop and get it up on the frame machine and do some measuring. The one issue that I have is measurements, by chance does anyone have the reference points and measurement for the frame rails on a 72 Duster?

Thanks
James

IMG_20130309_174536_zps4b7ae7e6.jpg

IMG_20130309_174515_zps40895e5a.jpg

IMG_20130309_173203_zps2ff1e572.jpg

IMG_20130309_173114_zpscfab8267.jpg

IMG_20130309_173057_zpsa648d6f7.jpg

i dont have the frame measurements but,if you are only worried about the rear seaction,cant you do a box and x measurement to see if it is true?your frame guy will know what that is if you dont.

i dont have the frame measurements but,if you are only worried about the rear seaction,cant you do a box and x measurement to see if it is true?your frame guy will know what that is if you dont.

Good Point

But I did do exactly what you are saying meaning the box and the X measurement method and that is why I would like to get the factory measurements and points to measure at. I have used a frame machine myself in the past,but the friend who is letting use his rack does not have a book that goes back that far(new body shop). The main reason I really want to check is because the inside trunk lock bracing was cut off at one time and re welded offset and there is evidence of the trunk hinges being heated up and tweaked to the one side.

Thanks
James

You can call it a TWISTER now instead of a DUSTER.

That's a good one Krowbar.

Hey James when is the next sale? This weekend?

Auto Transport Service
Back