• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best deal on buying a set up Dana 60

Moparnocar

Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
Looking to put a Dana 60 in a 68 Coronet. Want 3:55 posi, drum brakes, decent axles.
Who's the best vender? Is having one built more expensive? Other options?
I'm assuming building up my 8 3/4 would be close in cost? Approx 600hp.

Thanks

A Dana will be 3.54. I bought a Strange 60 from Dr. Diff and may order another from him. I have had no issues with it, but do wish a guy could get them with oem style tapered axle bearings instead of "greens". Cass is a big fan of green bearings however. The other option would be Moser.

Very happy with my Strange Dana 60 from Dr Diff. I also upgraded my drive shaft to a new unit with 1350 u-joints.

Got my Dana 60 from Dr. Diff nearly 20 years ago. Works great and no issues. If I need another one, I'll call him first.

Dana 60 rear axle - Strange Engineering
I have to ask, why would you go to someone rather than the manufacturer? Don't they mark up
the price??? They're located in Morton Grove, Il.
A short ride!
They must give Cass some kickbacks of some kind, because going through him is about the same price if not less than buying direct.

Professional courtesy, protecting their retailers. Why retail their products if they are going to undercut you?

I guess it comes down to the shipping fees! I'm sure if you live closer to Strange Engineering
and want to have one shipped to you or go and pick it up, they would deal with you. Drop
shipped from their address.

I ordered a Strange S60 from the doctor. I just got it installed and am very happy so far. Everything seems to fit like it should.
When I ordered it I just went down the order form on dr's site, for a stock length.
I think if you order direct from Strange it may be more complicated to get exactly what you need.

Looking to put a Dana 60 in a 68 Coronet. Want 3:55 posi, drum brakes, decent axles.
Who's the best vender? Is having one built more expensive? Other options?
I'm assuming building up my 8 3/4 would be close in cost? Approx 600hp.
Thanks
If you lived closer to me.....:)

Dana 60 rear axle - Strange Engineering
I have to ask, why would you go to someone rather than the manufacturer? Don't they mark up
the price??? They're located in Morton Grove, Il.
A short ride!
Looks like maybe a 400 mile drive one way? And since Cass is a vendor for them, probably do not mark up the price. He probably gives Strange the info and they ship straight out from their warehouse.....?

So really no one can beat DR Diff on price/quality?
Oh there's probably someone out there that can beat anyone's price. If there's someone local to you that's versed in building Dana's, then yeah, probably. A stock Dana will generally handle 600 hp without any problem. If it's for drag racing with slicks, then the price will usually go up since more attention to detail needs/should be made to gear setup, runouts and backlash. I figure with 3.54 gears, you won't be doing much drag racing...or serious racing at least. Cass.....Dr Diff.....has been around for many years doing this stuff and I've had dealings with him too but that was mostly with parts and no complaints here!

Auto Transport Service
Back