• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best HP oil pan for lowered 66

big66440

Local time
8:57 PM
Reaction score
Anyone have a lowered B body with a BB particullarly a 66? if so which performance oil pan is recommended for ground clearance?thanks.

Ground clearence is always an issue...I think most guys are running a miloden...Their quality of their pans is hard to beat...I have low profile tires on the front,so I cranked up my torsion bars a little to help out...
Petty Blue 67 GTX

I had planed on running a Hemi pan on my 66 and weld on a skid plate to the K member for some protection.

Dealing with this right now with my 66 Wagon w/440. The Milodon oil pan is way too low for my comfort. What pan is everyone running for BB? Thanks!!

Reviving this old thread.. it didn't get much love :) BUMP!

I'm still planning on running the hemi-pan on mine and adding a skid plate to the K member....

Bucks up, with plenty of header clearance: milodon road race pan
Budget? Repop 6qt hemi pan.
Use a windage tray.
My milodon low profile hangs 1 1/2" below the k-member ... but so do the headers. Haven't banged either on the ground yet. I try not to.

I’d like to drop the front a little bit I just cringe looking at it even at the height it’s at now…
Any preference on hemi pan/windage tray? Thanks

BDF9CA55-59EB-40D8-BF0E-14D70CC99C47.jpeg

The answer is the one that holds the most,
Without hitting the ground. They can be custom made at home

I’d like to drop the front a little bit I just cringe looking at it even at the height it’s at now…

View attachment 1475231
That looks like the full deep milodon pan. The semi-triangular low-profile pan doesn't hang nearly that low, and still holds seven quarts.
Milodon 6qt (hemi?) pan,30761, is 5" deep, the one I'm using, 30930 is 7", yours looks like 31010, 7.75 deep.
Mancini sells a version of the hemi pan, with the recess for the idler arm, $250, last I looked.

Last edited:

View attachment 1475231
I wouldn't lower that any at all with that pan on it. The 6 quart pan would be plenty enough oil unless you're turning nearly 7k rpm with a high volume pump....

So what is the car used for? Do you think you need more than the Hemi pan?

Got welding skills? Use a Hemi pan & add something like this...

IMG_8051.jpg

If you’ve been running around with your pan hanging that low, the hemi pan will give you considerably more clearance even after you lower the front end and will satisfy your engines oil needs

If you’ve been running around with your pan hanging that low, the hemi pan will give you considerably more clearance even after you lower the front end and will satisfy your engines oil needs
Actually I bought it this way not too long ago and every time I do drive around it’s always on my mind..
Where is a good resource for the hemi pan? I’ve seen a lot of different prices out there.
Thanks

Last edited:
Ashley bought this way not too long ago and every time I do drive around it’s always on my mind..
Where is a good resource for the hemi pan? I’ve seen a lot of different prices out there.
Thanks
I don’t know.

I purchased both of mine from Mancini, but the last one was about 20 years ago. I suspect a lot may have changed since then.

Auto Transport Service
Back