• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best quality aftermarket '68 marker lights

RT68440

Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm putting a list together of some exterior trim items for my '68 Charger. One of the things on my list are the side marker lights. I see sets ranging from $150/set to $200+/set. I'm not looking to find the cheapest set, but the best quality. But I don't want to overpay for the same set that's $150. I see that Trim Parts advertises theirs as a Mopar approved authentic restoration part, which I don't see on any others. Are there any vendors that you recommend (or don't) based on your experience? Thanks fellas

Got mine from Classic Industries for the front,think they were Trim Parts. Worked fine,BUT you have to look at flat or curved body mounting. They list both styles.

Depending upon how correct you want to be, but none of the reproduction lens carry the original markings if that is a concern for you. We carry the Trim Parts pieces and I feel that there pieces are usually a better quality piece, but again slightly more expensive than others. If you can disassemble your originals, you might want to check into replating your originals if they are not pitted up. With a little polish, the lens will clean up nicely.

Depending upon how correct you want to be, but none of the reproduction lens carry the original markings if that is a concern for you. We carry the Trim Parts pieces and I feel that there pieces are usually a better quality piece, but again slightly more expensive than others. If you can disassemble your originals, you might want to check into replating your originals if they are not pitted up. With a little polish, the lens will clean up nicely.

Thanks for the reply. Actually, the car didn't have the side marker lights when we bought it. The previous owner had welded patches over the openings, so I really have nothing to compare reproductions to. I'm really more concerned about the fitment to the body more than anything. I was looking at BEA parts as well, but didn't see if they are Mopar licensed...

Just because a part carries the license agreement, it does not make it better or worse than any other part. If it does carry any noticeable markings which identify it as a factory part with a logo or such, then it should be licensed as those things are looked for in the industry and if your caught manufacturing and marketing them, then that is an legal issue. Trim Parts does a good job for the most part making quality parts and they will will register a part with the Chrysler licensing department so that they can advertise the part is recognized as being a quality reproduction piece. When you register a part in this fashion, you pay Chrysler so much per part as a marketing tool for your product. It is a very complex and legal process and does in some ways protect the customer, yet it can also add to the cost as well.

Just because a part carries the license agreement, it does not make it better or worse than any other part. If it does carry any noticeable markings which identify it as a factory part with a logo or such, then it should be licensed as those things are looked for in the industry and if your caught manufacturing and marketing them, then that is an legal issue. Trim Parts does a good job for the most part making quality parts and they will will register a part with the Chrysler licensing department so that they can advertise the part is recognized as being a quality reproduction piece. When you register a part in this fashion, you pay Chrysler so much per part as a marketing tool for your product. It is a very complex and legal process and does in some ways protect the customer, yet it can also add to the cost as well.

I see. I thought that being licensed meant that the part was as close to factory as an original part and that was backed up by Chrysler. It sounds like there is much more to it than just that

I started a thread back in 2015 titled "68 Charger marker light issue" you may be interested in. I bought a lot of parts from Mega Parts in Wisconsin and I see they have the curved ones that you need for $150.00. From my experience, the lock nuts provided are too thin and will not tighten up. Also the gaskets provided are too thick. Check out my thread for more info.

Auto Transport Service
Back